Sign in to follow this  
cmk

Another PA2V2 thread, but about ps

Shiro,

You can consider buying from Todd. The Cardas is sweet sounding and very flexible, just the thing for a portable rig.

Though it might not look like much, the sound might surprise you.

See this thread :

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?show...=3897&hl=cardas

I have bought from Todd before and he is prompt with shipping.

Thanks for the other alternatives to buy.

But I think I will wait and see how much is the shipping will cost from cablepro.

And after that I will compare the price difference and see where to buy from.

Shiro,

You can consider buying from Todd.  The Cardas is sweet sounding and very flexible, just the thing for a portable rig.

See this thread :

But I think I will wait and see how much is the shipping will cost from cablepro.

I think Todd's shipping and service is fast and reasonable. smoke.gif

cmk, how much is your kimber? Where can i get them? w00t.gif I'm still quite amazed that the PA2V2 has a place in your system. kicking.gif

hi tbln

Nice of you to drop in.  happy.gif

BTW, I'm very happy with the silver wire mini-mini cable, ultra-fidelity when paired with the MS Pros/AT W100s.

The Kimber matches very well with the DT990.  Very happy with the sound.  headphone.gif

Matching of components and synergy are often underrated in putting together a system.

Great that you have found yours.

How is the silver mini-mini working out? Would like to hear more of your thoughts.

Edited by tbln

Shiro,

You can consider buying from Todd.  The Cardas is sweet sounding and very flexible, just the thing for a portable rig.

See this thread :

I think Todd's shipping and service is fast and reasonable. smoke.gif

cmk, how much is your kimber? Where can i get them? w00t.gif I'm still quite amazed that the PA2V2 has a place in your system. kicking.gif

afbug, I got the Kimber from tbln, who has posted the link already. You will have to mail order it.

The PA2V2 is a crazy budget outperformer. I use it with my iRiver IMP400 using CD as the source. With high-resolution cans like the MS Pros/W100, it enhances the bass and gives a bigger soundstage, more spacious sound.

The stock cable is nice, but its just 2D sound and lacks refinement, practically any other cable is an upgrade. The question is to find the matching cable with your existing cans which provides the most musical enjoyment. The ideal combination should enhance your musical involvement, ie you will stop analyzing (because its all there) and just enjoy the music.

I see! From Headroom and with a nice price that is a little out of my budget tongue.gif Thanks for the link and reccomendations. I think i'll spring for it once i want to buy from Headroom again. Combine shipping I think will be cheaper. beer.gif

hmm...

Think I will be ordering from Todd for the Cardas HPI.

Price is 18USD after shipping while cablepro is around 21USD.

And hearing good reviews from the other thread, so its a no brainer for me.

I still have this nagging feeling that the image is slightly tilted to the right. While the music making is undeniable, its slightly off centre.

Any suggestions on how to "cure" this problem? Is it the vol pot?

CMK,

Suggest you check with Gary. Usually prompt and quick in responding.

I noticed the imbalance largely in the earlier part of the volume control (am I making sense?). Once you get beyond a certain point, channel imbalance become a non-issue.

I understand that this is a common problem that plagues budget pots.

hmm...

Never really notice that, cause usually the amp volume I set to 50-70%.

So most probably if true to what tbln have said, it become a non-issue.

Just a question. I bought the PA2v2 but I am experiencing a phenomenon of the bass being louder on the left side. Is it the amp or my ears are damaged or something?

BTW when I crank up the volume of the amp, I hear this hissing sound. Some people have said to use better line-ins to remove the problem so I got myself a CARDAS mini mini but the problem is still there.

And how do I know when the battery is low for the amp. I have no idea as the LED only requires a little power to light up, so doesn't really pose as a good indicator. I only changed the battery recently(like what.... half a year after putting the previous ones in?) because the output was getting really really crappy so much so it freaked me out. After some testing it was low battery in the amp. haiz...

If the sound is imbalanced, try turning the vol from min to max a few times, and see if it gets better.