Sign in to follow this  
bulkie

I need a little help...........

if you want bass, no matter what sort, try the mdr-ex71sl:

sl - short cord (0.3+1m extension)

lp - long cord (1.5m)

it's $70 at EDISON ELECTRONICS. go to the branch at SIM LIM TOWER. NOT SIM LIM SQUARE. the service at sim lim square branch I&@$^(^$ ass and the prices are higher.

however i should warn you that the ex71sl's bass is ridiculously boomy and bloated IMO, and the mids are definitely recessed while the highs are a mite screechy.

i tried to give it a chance and let it burn in for 48 hrs nonstop, but still couldnt take the bass in the end.

WAIT!

har28 is selling his d66s are $80 the last time i checked.

I have the EX70SL and IMO, it doesn't have the above signature except the bit on recessed mids. Looks like sound quality of 71SL is not up to par?

some mods can be done on the the 70/71 also.. check out head-fi.

yea I think the ex70 is a great choice. Eggo's bass can't compare to it! kicking.gif

I concur bulkie................shud have grabbed Oak's set back then.............sorry for being a Harry Hindsight.

i think so. more balanced i would think.

mackie, maybe it might just be the weird shape of my ear canal..

and the 70 and 71 are IDENTICAL. only the 51s are a cheaper version. the poor man's etys they say. tongue.gif

the 71 is simply a japan-only version that needs to be imported out for you to find it. it's made in korea IIRC. all the manuals, box cover, specs everything, in japanese.

it comes with a small nice blue-grey felt bag. very very nice. this is what sony is best for i feel.

accessories. kicking.gif

EDIT: OT, but my 200th post!!

Edited by adhoc

bulkie: yeah .. should be man! I heard eggo is quite refined. Do look-out on head-fi. I see the eggos being put up there quite often wink.gif

Can we safely say that the 71s are the same as the 70s except for the design and the country they are being produced?

I have not heard the 71 and so I can't comment. However, u're not the first person who has a negative view on the 71s. As yet, positive views are abound of 70s but negative on the 71s.............strange..............

Try Bluetin, they are the one who seems to have them in stock but prepare to pay the steep price w00t.gif

I got mine 2nd hand wink.gif

heeheee, Mat, I guess the cans should be as good as new right? I've only used it twice on the MRT and then it never set foot out of the house again. BTW, I just realise that the original box is with me, would you want it?

I have not heard the 71 and so I can't comment. However, u're not the first person who has a negative view on the 71s. As yet, positive views are abound of 70s but negative on the 71s.............strange..............

Perhaps everyone was expecting too much improvements from the 71s?

heeheee, Mat, I guess the cans should be as good as new right? I've only used it twice on the MRT and then it never set foot out of the house again. BTW, I just realise that the original box is with me, would you want it?

Oak,

I'm still embarassed about the SMS the other day tongue.gif

Hang on to it (box), I'll pick-up the next I go to S'pore. Thanks for the D66! (to Mackie too!!)

headphone.gifwhistling.gif

Mat

Edited by matbon0013

bulkie,

If the 0.5m factor is so important, you can get Robert of LHS at Sim Lim Towers to do the termination for you. I saw him doing that for a customer today who wanted to change to cable length of his handphone cable.