Sign in to follow this  
kursed

Weston UM-1, Panasonic HJE 70, Total AirHead - Help to choose...

E2C is transparent... E3C is white colour...

Nope. E3c's also come in grey and the E2c's also come in black.

Nevertheless, enjoy your E3g's. Personally, I didn't like them at first but the sound will indeed grow on you. it always does.

I would've recommended the audio-technica CK7's as they have better sound than the E3g's and are cheaper. I got here a bit late.

I think those are in the "g" range

I think those are in the "g" range

No. Trust me. I live 5 minutes away from a store that sells Shures.

And I've been in head-fi for 2 years. 1 of them lurking...

Go check the Shure wbsite yourself if you want.

Shure E2c (there is a color option)

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Product..._pa_E2c_content

Shure E3c (yet again, colour option)

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Product..._pa_E3c_content

The only difference between the Exc and the Exg is the cable length.

Black E3C and E3G are of the same cable length

Yep.

The original ones are different lengths.

The seemed to have discountinued the grey E3c's after the relase of the newer black ones.

The only difference between the black Exc's and the Exg's are on the box. :yes:

:b2t

To me, I prefer the E2c's over the E3c's because it has more fun level.

But the comfort of the E3c's can easily overtake that. :yuck:

Err the headroom people mailed me back that they do not ship to Singapore :s .. What the???

How am I suppose to get it now? Is there an alternative?

HELP!!! Is there any other amp in the same price range offering the same quality that I can get shipped to SGP?

Edited by kursed

By using vPost, the company would send the item to vPost's address. vPost would then send it back to you in Singapore.

Not too sure about the costs though.

Another possible source is yotiao, esepcially since she also owns a bithead (if I am not wrong).

Alternatives include the Xin super mini/micro, with the former being slightly bigger, but of a slightly higher range, at the same price as a bithead (USD199).

Any pictures of Xin Super Mini/Micro? And between Bithead and Xin which one'd be a better choice?

edit:

Just googled up Xin - Dayem! It's a modular design which has got me all :wacko: .. The shape looks good enough... Is there any member here which can recommend me the configuration I should choose it with?? etc?

Edited by kursed

Err the headroom people mailed me back that they do not ship to Singapore :s .. What the???

How am I suppose to get it now? Is there an alternative?

They don't ship to Singapore? How come? I bought my total bithead from them last year and the shipping cost me US$35 by FedEx.

Another possible source is yotiao, esepcially since she also owns a bithead (if I am not wrong).

Alternatives include the Xin super mini/micro, with the former being slightly bigger, but of a slightly higher range, at the same price as a bithead (USD199).

Yes, I own the total bithead (2005). But HeadRoom ppl is really slow in replying emails, besides HeadRoom and Xin (I hate waiting), you can also consider Meier Audio's Porta Corda, Dr Jan is very quick and responsive to emails, and you don't need to worry about the shipping cost because the price you see in his website the shipping & handling are already included. He will automatically declare the item as gift for you too, save you the trouble for being taxed.

Another portable amp you can consider is the HeadAmp AE-1, I have been eyeing on that for sometime, still waiting for their upgraded version to released. FYI, the shipping fees is US$25 by USPS Express or US$20 by USPS Global Priority according to Justin.

Instead of placing a direct order, I emailed Headroom instead inquiring about the shipping prices. They replied to me saying this:

Hi,

I am sorry we are unable to ship to Singapore.

Thank you,

Rosalind Staley

Internet Store Manager

HeadRoom Corporation

2020 Gilkerson Dr.

Bozeman, MT 59715

800-828-8184 toll free

(406)587-9466 ext. 101

(406)587-9484 fax

www.headphone.com

roz@headphone.com

Now between XIN/Headroom/Meier - Which one offers best bang for the buck? My budget is restricted to 250US$ so keep that into consideration as well. And I don't mind the wait.

Edit:

I can't seem to find Meier Audio's website, any help with that?

Edited by kursed