Sign in to follow this  
Barradio

Shure E500

whats the price if bought locally?

Seen it at Hung Bros, price got to ask them. :drool:

ps:what IEM is that in your Avatar?

That Voicetronic VT-07 :grin:

saw it 2 weeks agon when I was in HK, but selling at retail price HK 3850 (USD 500) :(. The cheapest I could get is HKD 3600

Today was lucky enough to listen the E500 (thanks to a forumer here), was using the default gray nubbin which I used on my E5C, driven straight out of the iPod. I was disappointed. Muffled, bass heavy and slow. It's not as clear as the ER4 and can't even beat the E5C in terms of clarity. What's wrong??

Was it a newly acquired pair? My E500 sounded like that the first week or so I had it. It was only in the second or third week when the sound really started to shine.

Was it a newly acquired pair? My E500 sounded like that the first week or so I had it. It was only in the second or third week when the sound really started to shine.

Huh? You mean E500 needs a 'burn in'. I thought it's using armature drivers. Tecninically no need to burn-in right?

I think after a while of listening to something you don't like, you kinda get used to it.... :D anyway, don't think armature drivers need any run in.

-ohn' date='26 Sep 2006, 10:09 AM' post='80412']

I think after a while of listening to something you don't like, you kinda get used to it.... :D anyway, don't think armature drivers need any run in.

Did he mention he don't like it? :))