Sign in to follow this  
mychew

How would a headamp help your cans?

Technical speaking is true. For example, the tube do make the sounds change a bit. BUT, I really like the tube sounded. rolleyes.gif

That time I went down to SLT and the uncles start playing his tube, he have the same CD that I have... How I missed his rig sounded... no.gif

jason: what about robbing the uncle's store at 12 midnight?

I will call your hp tonight for the plan smoke.gifbeer.gif

Got Sim Lim Tower guard leh...

I am burning in mychew's future CLONE PPA. Just add more capacitor... Mmmmm MMMmmmMMM...

I still like how tube sounded.... wallbash.gif

aiyah sim lim tower guard.. all look like ah pek.. give them a knock can liao lol.giflol.gif

on a more serious note, I think mychew has made up his mind reg the headphone amp.

Well whatever it is, just keep quiet about it and don't argue with your friends just over this matter. But of course don't buy headamp infront of him otherwise he might throw a flurry of flame at you lol.gif

Robbery huh...interesting. Maybe somebody can brought their rig to make some special effects?

One more thing. My friend got told me that, if i'm gonna to get a headamp, might as well get a sound processor or something related. At least better than headamp...haha...anyone know what is sound processor?

yeah..make up my mind to get a headamp...anyway, everything would be settled after the audition. Wait for my results tongue.gif

nah..blues, i dun care jason buy amp using that money or not...haha....i would go back Malaysia talk about his bad things if he dare to burn a hole in my wallet... LOL...dun want to sacrifice my wallet no.giftongue.gif

jason...be careful...ask my brothers there serving at your will soon.... biggrin.gif

One more thing. My friend got told me that, if i'm gonna to get a headamp, might as well get a sound processor or something related. At least better than headamp...haha...anyone know what is sound processor?

I think your friend is referring to those gears used in home theatre systems that give Dolby/DTS and other surround parameters such as Hall, Concert effects etc.

For a serious and even non-too serious audiophile, this is a definite no-no........once again, your friend has just revealed how *ahem*....oh well, skip it..........just say he's not capable to advise and comment against anyone who is into audiophilia.

Nice one..Mackie! Power to you! laugh.gif

Yup, i got ask him again today, he told me exactly like what u told me here. nah, now i don't even bother about what he said to me. I go on without him, since he is not in the same path with me tongue.gif

In here, i learn lot lot more than him cool.gif

once again, your friend has just revealed how *ahem*....oh well, skip it..........

hehe...Mackie, if u don't feel like to talk about him here, then can tell me in PM. But i think u won't, right?smile.gif it's ok, i know that. headphone.gif

IMO, a good 30-band equalizer from a reputable brand name, eg alesis, can do wonders for any audio system.

IMO, a good 30-band equalizer from a reputable brand name, eg alesis, can do wonders for any audio system.

Hmm...IF you know what you're doing (I'm not talking about the brand here) ya maybe. But I don't want to go there. Afterall, Im the official lazyboy tester LOL.

I would think a 30 band EQ would do more help in pre production than post production. IMHO headphone.gif

good/quality speakers need an amp. good/quality headphones need an amp. I think that's the analogy that you need. smile.gif

There are graphic and parametric equalizers. The former types are generally (not all) crude and affect a certain bandwidth that is often pre-set on every adjustable freq. Hence, they are not ideal and well regarded by purists and auidophiles alike. Parametric equalizers are very precise and much more difficult to use but they are able to pin-point any freq and its adjacent bandwidth for fine tuning. Behringer eqs are mainly used in the pro industry and consumers have also started to use them for fine tuning of subwoofers in HT system and room modes where a speakers rig reside. This ought to be discussed in another thread if anyone wishes to pursue this topic further.

Edited by Mackie