Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

Beyer 770/880/990 compared

And here I thought this is a headphones thread!

Just a quick question if I may! What is the difference in sound/design DT770 pro and the DT770? Thanks!!

mat, from what I've heard

no difference in sound. only better comfort in the consumer version

Rameish,

Is the Zotl still available at your place ? Am keen to try it out. wink.gif

as mackie pointed out, 2.5N consumer clamping pressure vs 3.5N for pro.

The only differences between the pro and non-pro versions are pressure (the pro version exert more pressure), the non-pro version has a slightly larger headband and price (the pro version are cheaper - I don't know why). And oh, the aluminum is black on the pro versions.

Likewise Mat - see earlier post for details.

Well I had the pleasure of tedting out the 880s today. I thought that the bass is simply awesome in these bad boys. Never heard anything like it, especially not in my Grados. However, I did feel that the highs and mids were a teeny bit tamed for my liking. There was not much detail too, relative to the HD600s and the SR325s. Soundstage is wide and deep. I liked one think about these cans though, they sure are comfy. Just my 2 cents on it, not sure what the general consensus on these phones is.

Thanks for lookin'

I totally agree about it's comfort! It's the most comfortable headphone I have ever tried. If you think the Bass on them is good, wait till you hear the DT150s! No detrimental affects to the Mids & highs IMO. However, it loses out pitifully in comparison to the soundstage of the DT880.