Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Is Having A review Team A Good Idea?

I think some members may qualify to be part of a review team. I would like to have some names put here as being willing to play a part. I'll be willing to co-ordinate with dealers (some of them at least) to have their demo unit made available to the review team. The team may consist of 6 people buy not all 6 need to review a piece of gear.

Maybe I can be editor or somthing.

Dang, another lovely opportunity missed due to geography.

sounds like a good idea rameish

wah. if its solely to audition equipment from dealers and putting up a review, that sounds like a good idea.

then again, I think having a review team might discourage those NOT on the team from posting their own reviews/opinions since they wouldn't be 'qualified' enough.

come to think of it. I'm not sure its such a good idea. builds up an elitist kinda mentality in the team members, and the opposite in those who don't make the team. sleep.gif

yeah ablaze has a very valid point

what happens is that people like me (read: audio noob) have this mentality.. "I shouldn't post because I am inexperienced and everyone will disregard my review"

something like that... hm... might be a problem for some..

Elitist? Maybe but no one wanting your opinion? Nahh... people who have the same music taste & sound preference as you will want to know your opinion. Remember the reviewers may not have the same pereference as everyone else. Although having a team of 6 varied people will cover the bases better.

Elitist? Maybe but no one wanting your opinion? Nahh... people who have the same music taste & sound preference as you will want to know your opinion. Remember the reviewers may not have the same pereference as everyone else. Although having a team of 6 varied people will cover the bases better.

Not elitist.. Just a wierd taste for type of sound I like. Think about how many people actually put down the HD600's & DT880's. =)

Not elitist.. Just a wierd taste for type of sound I like. Think about how many people actually put down the HD600's & DT880's. =)

Firefox,

you forgot the RS-1 LOL.

But at least we do agree on some cans right.

Ablaze,

Hmm...never tought about it that way...valid point though.

Okay I'll drop the idea.

Yeah but if you got lobang, what an opportunity.

The consumer/reader has to draw his own conclusion on a product since all reviews done by professionals and amateurs are subjective and personal. Having an understanding of the writer's taste in music and equipment is helpful to the reader in filtering the writer's opinions and weigh the pro and cons mentioned.

Therefore, I favour a variety of views on any given product but the reader must decide for himself what ticks and don't for him.

Edited by Mackie

Having more than one review on any gear would be favourable. I tend to think that those portions the reviewers agree on usually reveal the main characteristics while differing opinions are down to system matching. In a way, I could use this as a reference on the general characteristics and how I could use it to match my system.

One person could do the main review whereas the other team members who also had a chance to audition it can post a short post script?