iewgnail

Altoids Mint Tin

gosh. which section was it in?

i went like 1 week ago and i cant find it anywhere.

gosh. got to go grab them!

finally got choice of mark and spencer or altoids.

gosh. which section was it in?

i went like 1 week ago and i cant find it anywhere.

gosh. got to go grab them!

finally got choice of mark and spencer or altoids.

they were displayed all around the counter. only 1 colour when i was there tho, the red one.

Modded into torchlights by local guy too.

IPB Image

SWEET!

SGHeadlights.com in the making. How bright is the torch? Looks like LED light.

Like Singapura said the Eclipse mint has a nice tin & easily available from any 7-11 or supermarket. It's about 1/2 the size of the Altoids. Still workable if you have the battery pack in another seperate tin, making a pre power combo ;) Makes a nice torchlight as well.

Untitled_1.jpg

Hi N@Z, long long time no see.

A friend who seen my Altoid amps, gave me about 6 of this Eclipse tins and challenged me to built an amp for it. Kind of tough as the tin is really small. Your idea of battery pack in a separate tin is good, never thought of it. :))

Edited by heady

Hi N@Z, long long time no see.

A friend who seen my Altoid amps, gave me about 6 of this Eclipse tins and challenged me to built an amp for it. Kind of tough as the tin is really small. Your idea of battery pack in a separate tin is good, never thought of it. :))

waaaa.... that tin is damn tiny i can say??? but its still possible to fit an amp in there... anyone wants to try building portable valves?? :lol:

waaaa.... that tin is damn tiny i can say??? but its still possible to fit an amp in there... anyone wants to try building portable valves?? :lol:

I think if I have the time, I may be able to do something but it has to be all surface mount components and a simple amp like the 74HC04 (http://www.headphoneamp.co.kr/bbs/zboard.php?id=diy_sijosae&page=2&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=188). I always wanted to do one totally diy. Let's see if it will happen.

Sijosae's stuff are nice

more here

http://www.headphoneamp.co.kr/ftp/sijosae/Gallery/

anyway, heady have u finish the monica DAC?

:blush: No man, just completed getting the parts and now waiting for the mood to start it, should be this week or next. Yes, solder fumes.... :)) I just started again yesterday repairing a pair of interconnects made by LHS, the Canare connectors were too big for the cables and they broke due to my moving them from amp to amp. Then I have to mod a headphone for a forumer.

what mods on what headphone?

Remove volume control from Altec Lansing InMotion iems. Dunno the model. :)) It is in one of the posts here in this forum.

i see.. i think i catch that post before...

Anyway can i check with you something, not sure if my connection is correct.

The live wire will go to the fuse, switch then transformer, while the neutral wire will go straight to the switch, am i right. Just recase my soha but not sure if I am wrong with the power supplies wiring....

Anyway can i check with you something, not sure if my connection is correct.

The live wire will go to the fuse, switch then transformer, while the neutral wire will go straight to the switch, am i right. Just recase my soha but not sure if I am wrong with the power supplies wiring....

What I do is the live goes to the switch then to the fuse. Neutral is as you said. The reason is if changing the fuse, the AC is connected and there is a risk of electrocution. Of course we should unplug from mains but you never know, the more safety there is, the better.

i see, thanks a lot.

Have you case your SOHA? Now I am casing up my amps t the black case that i used for m ck2III, even my XS708B will go in there.

Have you case your SOHA? Now I am casing up my amps t the black case that i used for m ck2III, even my XS708B will go in there.

No, my SOHA is disconnected and in pieces. I still can't find a case for it. Can take a pic of your SOHA when done. Maybe I will get inspiration from it. :)