Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Equivalent to AKG K501

This might have been mentioned before but not in a specific thread.

I particularly like the midrange & soundstage of the K501. Stock HD600 is fairly good but IMO is beaten in the midrange & soundstage without the upgrade cable. ATH-W100 sounds similar with stronger bass but soundstage is slightly less & the sound is also slightly 'thicker'. Is it possible to have the sound of the K501 with slightly more bass (I don't want to lose the resolution). On it's own it sounds great but slightly more bass would make it fantastic.

naz, what about the ath-w1000?

I heard the sound is an improvement over the w100, might want to look into that happy.gif .

What about the the ATH-W2002? Any idea about that? Supposed to have pretty good synergy with the modded Sudgen.

w2002 is considered rare ...

very hard to get them. Last time I almost splurged on one..(to play it out of my comp.. how ridiculous sleep.gif ).

If you can get, probably can consider. But for the price, and from reading the review, it doesn't seem to live up to its 1300 sin dollar price tag. More like paying for the uniqueness and the aesthetic.

Try them with the Corda when you're here then order from Jan if you like it.

Jan has stock of the W2002?

okedokey

blues, where does your money come from?

which they dont make anymore.. dry.gif

adhoc: haha all money saved up from not eating during recess and also not spending money too much during weekends.

Of course that was last year.. when I had the cash to splurge on the $1300 wooden headphone.Now I am broke

blues.. wink.gif

ramiesh, another (unfortunately discontinued) recommendation would be the akg 340 based on what i have read.

This might have been mentioned before but not in a specific thread.

I particularly like the midrange & soundstage of the K501. Stock HD600 is fairly good but IMO is beaten in the midrange & soundstage without the upgrade cable. ATH-W100 sounds similar with stronger bass but soundstage is slightly less & the sound is also slightly 'thicker'. Is it possible to have the sound of the K501 with slightly more bass (I don't want to lose the resolution). On it's own it sounds great but slightly more bass would make it fantastic.

I am also a fan of the AKG K501 and agree about the lack of low bass response. My understanding was that there will be an AKG K601 or whatever soon. Perhaps they have addressed this issue and if so AKG will have a winner.

For accurate reproduction in mids and highs, the AKG K501 is tops.

But then there's Grado, with that up-tempo smack you in the face dynamic sound that keeps me coming back for more.

At least with my Alessandro MS2s I don't doze off like I used to with HD 600s! yawn.gif