Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

What A Busy Weekend with Creek Sugden & Grado

lengcm, I'll make sure to make it a date to meet you guys at one point or other yes.gif

Just keep the equipment warmed up and the projects a coming I enjoyed hanging about watching you guys go on with the tinkering especially Firefox. thumbup1.gif

Hmm...maybe bring it over - once it's burnt in :-) - and we can do a take 2. Before we add even more caps Muhahahahah!.

The arms race has begun LOL

After that we can unveil our super secret caps...

Rameish,

Nearly missed this post, have been too busy to visit SGH lately...

Anyways a friend of mine will be passing you some cables I made soon. He has burned them in and will be done auditioning shortly.

They are three different interconnects that all look alike save for the rca plug colour. Would like you to audition and let me know what you think of them. Then have to pass to Mackie to try.

Mackie,

Would like to know your comments on the cable!

C h r i s

OT Fish,

Sure thing. Maybe pass it to Mackie first. Then he can pass the whole bunch to me.

Leng,

You mean the MaJik Caps? Or the British Standard Caps? LOL

OT Fish,

Sure thing. Maybe pass it to Mackie first. Then he can pass the whole bunch to me.

Leng,

You mean the MaJik Caps? Or the British Standard Caps? LOL

Hey definately not the BS Caps! lol w00t.gif

Rameish,

ok boss!

Mackie,

Heard that? More fishball cables coming your way!

Edited by fishball79

Another long night at Rameish's place but this time with pics of the modded Sudgen. Darn it, the camera is still with Rameish.

Rameish: Post some pics from your camera if you can. party.gif

Okay - so here's the first pix of the Sugen after a Stage 2 mod. (Stage 1 was just the power supply cap - lying on the side) and the big Solen cap (with the logo). In stage 2 firefox added the other caps in the signal path. Stage 3 pictures with the black gates are in leng's camera so you'll have to wait.

Sugden_satge_2.JPG

Edited by Rameish

Here a point to point hardwired amp is undergoing trials (it was taken off for the picture). The red caps are Elna Cerafines. The RCA'a are CMC, Volume pot is the Alps Blue Velvert and of course the Neutrik Locking Jack. We're testing this with several dual op-amps. Case work has yet to be done :-).

TestAmp1JPG

A Sennheiser HD-600 replacement cable being made - the splicing bening done for the left channel (this is just a Mk I cable). I hope it'll be as good as the Equinox - Lengcm will lend his for the trials. I honestly don't know how good this cable is but one thing if for sure - it's better than the stock (thanks to leng for sacrificing his stock).

I'll post another of the completed one.

Senn_replacement_com.JPG

Oops the completed one is on top. Here's the soldeing of the splice. Please pardon me but I've been busy as you can tell with firefox doing all the soldering/desoldering.

Sennheiser_replacement.JPG

Edited by Rameish

One last picture for today - barradio's Naim. This one will need some figuring out as some of the caps have been changed already. Also figuring out how to put in an Alps Blue. There's simply no space. Hmm, looks like firefox will have his hands full with this one over the next month or so.

Maybe some hovelands for detail and speed and Jensen papaer in oil. Or Elna Cerafine. Oh will be getting rid of that cable and fit regular RCA (Cardas Rodium Plated ones of course).

Naim.JPG

hmm..so the quad wires in the Mogami cable were split into pairs and spliced onto the each of connector ends of the original stock cable? spliced as in wire joined to wire right smile.gif