Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

What A Busy Weekend with Creek Sugden & Grado

I see. well it makes for an interesting comparison in future comparing bare copper conductors to silver conductors for the HD600 cable wink.gif

(I've been checking my mailbox everyday btw. goddam postal service dry.gif)

BYW all this was done over 2 weekends - jsut in case anyone's thinking that firefox and me are supermen.

Also all solder used were either WBT silver solder or Siltech Silver solder.

Goot proudly sponsored the irons LOL

Pictures were taken with an Olympus C-150

Rameish, great pictures. Will there be any projects left for me to have look/see?? I hope you guys are not done already. unsure.gif

ETA Sg 1500hrs Wednesday yeah.gif

Edited by matbon0013

Cool pictures. If you guys ever want to take on another project in the future maybe you can look into my MG Head. I was adviced to change the caps with Black Gates, Holco/Vishay Dale Resistors, volume pot to alps & 2x coupling caps.

Mat,

Actually me and firefox will be taking a well deserved rest - you can imagine since the 3rd meet, Tee got a premium RA-1 clone, ting had his Creek fixed and upgraded, Lengcm, had his Sugden upcraged from stage one to two to three (there no pix of stage 3), firefox is refining some amp designs with my help (my ears actually LOL), help fine tune 5 different diy cables with sugeestions to firefox. This is the toughest of the projects. Made a HD-600 replacement cable (not burnt in so dont ask). Now I'm awaiting some 5N siler cables from the US to...

Every mod, build requires frequent trips to SLS, SLT etc, sometimes awaiting parts from RS etc.

It's tough, tiring but enjoyable - to give you an example, we knock off at 3 am - this is done over several weeks already.

Call me once you're in.

Awww man, you saying I'm too late for the fun rolleyes.gif

Talk about wrong timing, let's put it this way.........

Evil-zen and me have this head to head action going, let's have everybody present in your pad and have an early night after that......... rolleyes.gif

yeah right yeah.gif

, let's put it this way.........

Evil-zen and me have this head to head action going

w00t.gif Yikes.

Mat,

I didn't know you and evil were inclined that way LOL.

Oh we did crack open a couple of CDPs as well - I leave Lengcm to comment on that one innocent.gif

yah yah rameish... got your drift... ppth.gif

Okay lah, I let you try some of the unfinished products and the unburnt in HD-600 cable ya. Hmm...gotta buy some Nobel pots or balck beauties. Hmm...

Let's put it in proper context, we have an audition going (V2 vs META42) winner takes all. Well not really hehe tongue.gif

We need a venue......... unsure.gif

Where better than your pad Rameish, ok? With that I remain................. rolleyes.gif

META 42 vs Gilmore V2!! Although Meta 42 is not an amp - I guess you mean the META 42 you have - that's abit of an unfair comparison.