Sign in to follow this  
Eric Chia

Irukandji.......does anybody know wat is this?

Thankfully, I am more immune to the poison.

I ripped most of my CDs ages ago so they are all in my father-in-law's place... most of them I think are already moldy. So CDs would never be an option for me today.

Nor a DAC or a PC-based solution.

At the moment, the Luminous Audio passive pre-amp and the Quad 606 are pretty damn good. Waiting for the second set of Valgrind RCA cables so can evaluate the system properly, but if I was susceptible to more poison, it would be a new set of speakers.

Might bring the Irukandji to my in-law's place to test out on the Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1. Quite sold on that :P

or a dac.... :D

arent we all poisonous.........

Source is important. You definitely want to be looking at a good source next if you're planning to spend more. :grin:

My next purchase (if it does happen) is definitely on a source. My current DAC is totally just choking my headphones. Can someone recommend me some?

I think the Irukundji and iMod with Lossless is going to be very difficult to replace.

Plus have already seen where the bottleneck is now (B&W speakers)

Edited by Doggie Howser

Source is important. You definitely want to be looking at a good source next if you're planning to spend more. :grin:

My next purchase (if it does happen) is definitely on a source. My current DAC is totally just choking my headphones. Can someone recommend me some?

which DAC are you using?? you may consider Dacmagic :think:

I think the Irukundji and iMod with Lossless is going to be very difficult to replace.

Plus have already seen where the bottleneck is now (B&W speakers)

there are plenty of speakers waiting for you :grin::grin:

I'm currently using the Zero...

perhaps you may check with jojo on the dacmagic or if you want to go higher, Xindak DAC5 fm Eric ^_^

peanut how bout this ? :D

when i m back from my cousin wedding in kl, i will gladly let u audit my xindak dac5

bring along yur xlr amp as well as yur stax......u will not regret it...... :grin: as well with xlr cables if u have

peanut how bout this ? :D

when i m back from my cousin wedding in kl, i will gladly let u audit my xindak dac5

bring along yur xlr amp as well as yur stax......u will not regret it...... :grin: as well with xlr cables if u have

Can I tag along w/ u guys I can bring the DacMagic too. So you can decide which you prefer. I prefer the Xindak...ehem... DacMa...Xindak..... :doh:

Anyway. Try it out just bring xlr cables. DacMagic outs are male not sure for Xindak outs. =)

Really missed the last meet bigtime. lol!

HOLEEEEE Crrraaaaaaappppp...

http://www.msbtech.com/products/iLink.php

This looks a fusion of the poisons here...

i(digital)MOD with SPDIF out... so can keep my collection of lossless songs PLUS DAC output...

So can add the DAC poison...

Try playing with sources. I second you that the IMOD+Irukandji is hard to beat at lower price levels but a mid-level CDP should be better though. Just imagine CDP + Irukandji (It has line in which a RCA to mini is very welcome) + AMP. :lust:

Edited by jojo_b2

my dac balanced is male so u need a female xlr for it :))

hmm just check my dac tube model.....6922EH (Electro Harmonic) JJ E88CC

hehe i am now looking for mullards or telefunken for it aledi......since it is the same models..... :D

sure be a real killer performance if i use the nos tubes for it....

wondered how it will go with my 3 cans :DD

my dac balanced is male so u need a female xlr for it :))

hmm just check my dac tube model.....6922EH (Electro Harmonic) JJ E88CC

hehe i am now looking for mullards or telefunken for it aledi......since it is the same models..... :D

sure be a real killer performance if i use the nos tubes for it....

wondered how it will go with my 3 cans :DD

Price for Either Mullard or telefunken is Killer also. Lol! :rclxub:

In any case I've been seeing alot of mullards on Ebay buy the telefunken just a few. Have you checked if 7308 can be equped on your rig. 6922 and 7308 have the same pin placements and sizes. I am thinking of getting an Amperex 7308 if one pops up. :smoke:

My LC3 can use 6dj8, 6922 and 7308. :shifty:

I currently have mnatched pairs for Jan Philips and Jan Sylvana 6922s but they are no match for the ones you're getting. =)

Good luck on tube hunting! :thumbup:

Edited by jojo_b2