Sign in to follow this  
Eric Chia

Irukandji.......does anybody know wat is this?

Darth Victor, the Emperor...and all of his apperentices who have been promoted to Sith Lord status...where is Yoda when we need him...

Darth Victor, the Emperor...and all of his apperentices who have been promoted to Sith Lord status...where is Yoda when we need him...

hmmm.....still at Dagobah waiting for Luke :think:

Edited by kidult

Finally, i just got my 'Jellyfish' at 1 o'clock. I connected the Jellyfish and iQube using the Valgrind RCA-to-Mini.

My first impression when I listened to my first track playing Astru Gilberto's 'Garota de Ipanema' is that the instruments in the song are sharper and there is less hisp on the singer's voice. There is also a slight improvement in the bass. There is two times improvement compared to my well-burnt Soniccaps which has been burned-in naturally for about 900+ hours.

I gave a call to Victor after listening for about 2 hours and gave him what I have written here. He told me that what I have listened to is just about 20% of its actual capability. Oh my!!!!!!! He told me that I will have to burn it for quite some time. I asked him if 500 hours would do it but he advised me to burn it for longer. From the looks of it, it might take around 1000 hours.

Wow! That's going to take some time. I am lucky if I can burn the jellyfish for 300 hours a month. I'll update my impressions every 50 hours for the first 300 hours and after that, every 100 hours.

I'd like to share this progress to our fellow Valgrind users! :yes:

what is platinum bypass? O.O

I suspect that instead of using genII sonciaps he's using the platinum ones... probably makes the sound even more awesome!

Finally, i just got my 'Jellyfish' at 1 o'clock. I connected the Jellyfish and iQube using the Valgrind RCA-to-Mini.

My first impression when I listened to my first track playing Astru Gilberto's 'Garota de Ipanema' is that the instruments in the song are sharper and there is less hisp on the singer's voice. There is also a slight improvement in the bass. There is two times improvement compared to my well-burnt Soniccaps which has been burned-in naturally for about 900+ hours.

I gave a call to Victor after listening for about 2 hours and gave him what I have written here. He told me that what I have listened to is just about 20% of its actual capability. Oh my!!!!!!! He told me that I will have to burn it for quite some time. I asked him if 500 hours would do it but he advised me to burn it for longer. From the looks of it, it might take around 1000 hours.

Wow! That's going to take some time. I am lucky if I can burn the jellyfish for 300 hours a month. I'll update my impressions every 50 hours for the first 300 hours and after that, every 100 hours.

I'd like to share this progress to our fellow Valgrind users! :yes:

Victor is right. Give the "jellyfish" some time. I can ensure you that it sound very much better after burn in. :yes:

6th day impression.....

well i dunno the jellyfish is playing tricks on my ears or wat... :D

my akgs sounds like hd650........with deep bass and with akgs's famous the 3d soundstage and percisions hhmmmhh :wub:

i need to stop this impression i getting too poisoned and lazy to post it .......or answer my hp....

i sure some of ppl here got mad with me not answering my hp...... :cans:

Deep bass on the K701? I really need to give it a try. :D

Waah can't wait to receive my jellyfish. ='/ :drool:

OT:

After the Jelly I think this is my time to enjoy my music. With cal's graciousness all my stuff were "cooked". I can't start to describe the nirvana I was in since Saturday. My HD650 was WOW!!!!! Even my portable is singing. I'm using my ESW10 right now and can't take it off. The level of detail, clarity and BASS response is AWESOME. :party:

Thank You Cal!!!!! On a side note I will surely bring my Jelly to cal for burn in. :smoke: =D

It's nice to see that those who have or tried the Jelly have good impressions. Mine's still morphing. Wish I could have mine 'cooked' but have to make to do with natural burn-in. it's great to hear positive reviews. Kudos to everyone! :grin:

I finally got a chance to try the Irukandji. I know some people will have to irk on my statement but. The reality is the irukandji just trashed my fully burned-in Valgrind Sonic caps. :box:

I actually had two "Wows". First was just plugging in my IMOD via LOD to the line in socket. From there I heard the difference from my caps the soundstage and details was awesome. I realize that there was more to my music. :shocking:

The second one was using the imod directly to the DOCK it was even BETTER by a factor of 2x or more. :terrified:

IMO the irukandji with a IPOD/IMOD directly on the Dock is a Day and Night difference compared to the burned in Sonic Cap. I actually had to sleep it off last night so I can forget teh SQ and get back to enjoying my music as the music wasn't the same on my rig when I got home and I got sad. :bye2:

A Word of Caution, if you are not planning to be poisoned one should stay away from from the deadly but AWESOME jellyfish. :grumble: Waah really excited to get mine!!!! :party:

Edited by jojo_b2

haha jojo...sorry to say, if you are using CD player -

the difference is not 2x but....3 to 4x more :rclxub: