Sign in to follow this  
Eric Chia

Irukandji.......does anybody know wat is this?

Tubes is another expensive part of the hobby... sigh...

depends on what tubes the amp is using actually.

just scored 6 tung sol rebranded raytheon 12ae6a tubes on ebay for 21.50usd. if there wasnt another interested buyer i could have gotten it for lesser. :bash:

seller actually willing to ship to sg(always ask). they dun look NOS but they are. dun think the tubes are tested thou. :think:

if i can make 2 good pairs from the lot. it will be awesome. :D

Edited by hellfire112

The last piece of the puzzle is complete.

Got the second set of Valgrind RCA cables today to hook the pre-amp output to the power amp output. Was using a loaner cheapo RCA cable set in the interim

All I can say is... the B&W601S2s are safe :P

Same nuances as what I am getting on the LISA III XP with Livewires/Crystal Cable and the Irukandji.

Bass is noticeably tauter, soundstage wider and OMFG I can hear all the layering, all the instruments as before!

*yummy*

All this playing is making me desire the Valhalla more!

Recently while listening to my rig, noticed a slight hum in my HD650. My set up, CDP--Irukundji--Novo. So checked a round a bit to see where the hum was coming from. Realized that the mini socket on my Irukundji is very sensitive, a slight move could set off the humming and the humming can be pretty loud at times. I have to adjust the mini plug a bit until the hum is gone; it is quiet as long as I don't move the Irukundji or touch the mini plug. It is not apparent if I connect the Irukundji to my IQube; that is why when I brought it to Tubeman to check, we could not find any problem with the mini socket.

Any of you guys with similar experience? I don't know why that the mini plug from the CDP into the Irukundji seems to be sensitive even to slight movement only when plugged into my Novo, but it is not apparent when plugged into my IQube.

Edited by Kachui

hmm....have you tried the contact cleaner??

had hum on my ED9 jack + Yamamoto before, after cleaning it, the hum went off.

I also have the same problem, but with my Valhalla. A slight movement will create crack and hum. Tubeman said that it was caused by dirty plug but no matter how I (or he) clean it, problem still comes back. Honestly, quite a disappointment.

Edited by ical

I have cleaned the contacts thoroughly. It is ok once I have twisted the mini plug to the position where the humming stops and just don't move it again.

On the side note, I found it hard to listen to my rig without the Irukundji...the sound coming out is so thin without it in comparison.

I also encountered the hum. I found that I need to check if any of the RCA and Mini Plugs are loose. Then the hum goes away.

@Kachui.

Try the conditioner we bought. I now have rare occurences of the hum unless The RCA and the Mini plugs are really unproperly jacked in. You can also try asking Tube man to make the Jack tighter. I had the same thing happened to my Sonic caps but after making it tight and cleaning thoroughly I haven't had the problem recently. =)

:sign0006:

I too cannot listen to my Rig w/o the Irukandji. As I posted on a different Thread the Dac Magic has a very DRY and Thin sound. The Irukandji gives me the body. ^_^

Edited by jojo_b2

The humming on my rig I believe is due to the lack of proper grounding of the Novo. When the RCA is plugged into the Novo from the Irukundji, which in turn is plugged into the CDP, the CDP act as a grounding for the Novo. The mini jack on the Irukundji seems to be the weakest link, thus any slight movement that cuts the grounding flow from the Novo creates the humming.

The RGC-24 is finally in stock and went to get one from Steven just now. After plugging the RGC-24 to the Novo, problem solved. :thumbup: No more humming even when I twist the mini plug on the Irukundji.

The RGC-24 is another wonder tweak...adding more definition to the layering of the sound produced and expanding the soundstage. :rclxms:

Now that the woodies for the HD650 is almost complete...hopefully that is the end for the upgrades and tweaks for a while. :blink:

yup vic jus call me to choose my cup's color..... :D

now latest i thinking tmr or sunday i will be getting it...

so guys hold on yur horses and be prepared......

although my cups are different color from the jellyfish color...... :thumbup:

now jus for the last mods the leathers pads for sens.....

yup vic jus call me to choose my cup's color..... :D

now latest i thinking tmr or sunday i will be getting it...

so guys hold on yur horses and be prepared......

although my cups are different color from the jellyfish color...... :thumbup:

now jus for the last mods the leathers pads for sens.....

Hey, Eric, you have gotten yours already? Mine's eta is around Tuesday, according to Tubeman, depending on the weather. I am going for the same colour as the Irukundji.

It for his HD580 lah. :whistle:

yup. sennheiser service centre no stock. i ordered like in january still no news. called them twice they say will look into it. i gave up hope on them liao. :D