Sign in to follow this  
Eric Chia

Irukandji.......does anybody know wat is this?

haha jojo...sorry to say, if you are using CD player -

the difference is not 2x but....3 to 4x more :rclxub:

Good thing I'm not planning to go the extra mile. :sweat:

I might be seeing a DAC upgrade in some time but can't really dive to CDs since I don't have a permanent place. CDs are another level as buying :moneyflies: and keeping them adds more bulk to the limited space of a room. My next purchase is really a 1-2 Terrabyte network drive. In the past 8 months I filled up 700GB of space from my laptop and external drives. Not only on songs but on everthing else. :rclxub:

I really want to try your rigs w/ CDs next time. :600smile: It's nice to know that there is something better ahead. =)

Edited by jojo_b2

After 50 hours of burn-in, between 12 and 1 o'clock position, I can hear the highs are good, the mids are exceptional and the bass is deep. Depending on the music at that volume position, the mids sometimes overlap the highs. It may sound good at the start but can be quite fatiguing after 30 minutes.

But when I try to listen to music at around the 8 o'clock position, I can hear the mids and highs very well. I can hear the whole spectrum. There is good separation and soundstaging. The only thing lacking is the bass. Though there is bass, it doesn't sound as deep when hearing it at around the 12 to 1 o'clock position.

I reported this to Victor and he told me to give the caps sometime to burn. As it progresses, there will be better separation, the soundstaging to be improved but most of all, a tight and deeper bass. If I have to hear this level in my well-burnt soniccaps, I have to put my knob at the 12 o'clock position and my Soniccaps have been burnt for over 1000+ hours.

I'll give my next impressions after 50 hours. Stay tune!

glad to hear that u r enjoying it joe :D

now to 10th day impression.....

how to put this hmmm :think:

i turning my amp volume knob lower and lower to hear all details and less fatiguing for me

i could keep hearing for hours with my dt880 600 ohm and beyers r known for their fatiguing effects

akg i will not post anymore cos it aledi surpassed my expectation with deep bass which that akgs lack of

imo it is very transparency and u will not turn yur volume up to certain point jus to hear the details

now for tomorrow meet......

this will be last impression :D i getting too lazy to post it :sweat:

well if u know me well, i usually pair with my laptop with optical output to my zero dac to my jellyfish to ldmk4se for my home rig...

today after burning for more than 200 hours and i was curious to try with my ipod with idock to my amp

:lust::wub: omg this sound is simply musical and it sounds like a more than 2k cd player....

the full,rich,fluid and smooth warm and transparency of my ipod connected to irukandji have simply amazed me again.... :cans:

X2

I used the Irukandji for the first time at the last meet, with my iMod on the dock connected to iQube...I was blown away by the improvement compared to using the rig with the 4.7 sonicaps...it sounded so rich and full...can't wait for mine to be ready... :grin:

I like fishing...but not for Jellyfish... :P

Anyway, was told by Tubeman, your Irukundji not fully burn in yet!!! :blink: So yours is still improving!! Just imagine when it is fully settled!!

Edited by Kachui

I am sorry that I didn't give my impressions for the 100th and 150th hour running time but I shall give my 200th hour impression.

As I had mentioned at the 50th hour, at the 8 o'clock position, the highs and mids are clear but the bass is a bit lacking. As of now, the highs and mids have improved considerably and the bass has become deeper. I have been enjoying my jazz music, the saxophone, tuba and piano sounds VERY realisitic as if you happen to be there. At this position, I enjoy listening to jazz and new age music. But when hearing rock, pop or electronic, I have to crank it up to the 9 o'clock position.

I'll give my next post on the 300th hour running time.

... piano sounds VERY realisitic as if you happen to be there.

Oh no you're poking me in my weak spot :ppth:

I really love the piano. Unfortunately I have yet to find anything that makes a piano sound like a piano, which is really a percussion instrument. There just isn't that percussive effect. And I play the piano, so I suppose I'm rather a little too picky about it.

Oh no you're poking me in my weak spot :ppth:

I really love the piano. Unfortunately I have yet to find anything that makes a piano sound like a piano, which is really a percussion instrument. There just isn't that percussive effect. And I play the piano, so I suppose I'm rather a little too picky about it.

For me, I'm not so difficult to please and I have enjoyed piano music in both my speaker and headphone setup. They are revealing enough for me to hear the difference between acoustic and electric pianos but still struggling to tell the different brands.

On my Stax omega, its is easier compared to my speaker setup maybe because of my room acoustic which I suspect colors the sound a tiny bit.

For me, I'm not so difficult to please

but still struggling to tell the different brands.

What??? You sir are really worse than me. :grin:

Would love the day when I can listen and say, wow that was a 100 year old Steinway & Sons.

On the side note, how are the Omegas? What are you running them on?

Edited by peanutbutterjam

guys

i found some interesting results when i pair with soniccaps 4.7 to jellyfish .... :D

try this out and post yur impressions....

Edited by Eric Chia