Sign in to follow this  
soundsync

Sennheiser HD800

I always know he want so much to join the Sunshine Boys.

Hey...I thought we were the Village People.

IPB Image

Y M C A.... :dance::dance::dance:

IPB Image

That's one of the reason why I din't go Phonitor. I remember being in Yama, Grado, Cambridge Audio CLUBS. Lol! :think:

:whistle: .. In the Navy... :dance:

iCal, did you manage to get the crystal cable for the HD800? Just got mine and contemplating cable options. Any advice?

Stereo is bringing in the Apuresound cable soon. Looking forward to it. :party:

Sorry, sorry, make a mistake. YMCA..... :prettyprincess: YMCA...... :prettyprincess: YMCA...... :prettyprincess: Shake your butt baby :lust: ! :lol:

Edited by ical

different frequency response graph for different HD800? o.o

Each unit is individually tested by at least 16 Sennheiser's acoustic experts; from all the graphs I have seen posted elsewhere they are almost identical.

Hey ya..Guys... Im contemplating getting the HD800... :think:

Anybody use this amp with the Earmax SE before? Able to drive it? Cheers

Hey ya..Guys... Im contemplating getting the HD800... :think:

Anybody use this amp with the Earmax SE before? Able to drive it? Cheers

Hmm...not sure, can't commend on that since I have not tried the Earmax SE before. But read somewhere in head-fi that with the HD650, the Earmax SE's volume knob has to be turned up to around 1 o'clock; I know this may not be a good gauge of how well an amp can drive a particular headphone, but when you need to crank the volume knob over 12 o'clock to get a decent volume, that says something about its power.

But than, I have read other posts that stated the Earmax SE should be adequate. Anyway, best to audition it first, if it is possible.

Amp and headphone matching without audition, is always risky when there are not a lot write-ups on a particular pairing that you are interested in.

Hmm...not sure, can't commend on that since I have not tried the Earmax SE before. But read somewhere in head-fi that with the HD650, the Earmax SE's volume knob has to be turned up to around 1 o'clock; I know this may not be a good gauge of how well an amp can drive a particular headphone, but when you need to crank the volume knob over 12 o'clock to get a decent volume, that says something about its power.

But than, I have read other posts that stated the Earmax SE should be adequate. Anyway, best to audition it first, if it is possible.

Amp and headphone matching without audition, is always risky when there are not a lot write-ups on a particular pairing that you are interested in.

Just to chime in. After hearing out the HD800. I personaly found that amps that were great with the HD650 were not always that great with the HD800. I'd go with Kachui's recommendation to try out a HD800 with your rig. =)

Err.. That I can confirm not true.... Cos Im using the HD650 with it... :))

Max volume I ever go is about 10'oclock...

After looking at all those review on HD800... Kinda curious... Im rather please with my HD650 and Earmax... gives me goosebumps on some tracks... But cant help thinking if it can be better... :grin:

Err.. That I can confirm not true.... Cos Im using the HD650 with it... :))

Max volume I ever go is about 10'oclock...

After looking at all those review on HD800... Kinda curious... Im rather please with my HD650 and Earmax... gives me goosebumps on some tracks... But cant help thinking if it can be better... :grin:

Ha, ha...probably the person who had to turn the volume up to 1 o'clock was a bit deaf.

Anyway, be aware that the HD800 is a very different animal from the HD650. I am sure you have read a lot about it in the many threads in Headfi or reviews on the net.

Dear HD800 owners,

I am considering buying a pair of HD800 and if I do, I would like to have upgraded cables which are "balanced" terminated. May I know if upgrading the cables requires skillful installation or can I simply buy the cables from one of the sellers on Head-Fi, unplug the stock cable and plug in the new cable myself (like what one can do to the HD650)?

Thank you