Sign in to follow this  
soundsync

Sennheiser HD800

Sennheiser headphones are not difficult to drive. In fact PCDP can drive HD600 and HD650 direct without much issue. HD 800 a bit more difficult direct from certain PCDP but desktop headamp should have no issue driving it.

it is rated at 300ohm, which is quite standard for most full headphones, how come can not power? Am puzzled.

sure can power

but whether power it to a sufficient quality or to the "fullest potential" is another thing :dance:

Still considering whether to get it. Really like what I've heard in Japan but worry that my Yama might not be able to drive it well. :helpsmilie:

Still considering whether to get it. Really like what I've heard in Japan but worry that my Yama might not be able to drive it well. :helpsmilie:

The SPL Phonitor might be a solution to your problems. :whistle:

After listening to PS1 on my rig make me realize that I should wait for PS1000 instead. :party:

Edited by ical

Aiya, all die together.

Lai lai.. group hug... one... two... three... tiao lao ah...

Lai lai.. group hug... one... two... three... tiao lao ah...

teletubbies :wacko:

I feel that the local Senn should don't do something about promoting HD800. They've a very great launch and product but lack follow up to keep the hype going. As Chinese said: "Hit metal when it's hot". If they still want to control it's price by only available at their store, sales is going to suffer end of the day. Especially with the available of ED8 now and the coming PS1000. Honestly, with the world wide web, everything is possible. I know some of the guys going for theirs on the net.

Really hope to see it at Stereo. With their professional looking store with excellent service and personal touch, I believe it can carry the status of this flagship with pride.

Just my 2 cents worth. :smoke:

Edited by ical