Sign in to follow this  
soundsync

Sennheiser HD800

True! My problem Is the HD800 is at a price point that I you don't like. You die already. Lol! I started my project already. I think I may start auditioning in the next few months. Right now the Apache has been officially delayed. :cry:

For a fortunate string of events I realized that the Apache was 110V so consulted Ray of RSA, if the Apache would have no problems in SG. Unfortunately the Apache has to be rewired. The Apache is enroute to Ray as we speak. He offered the service only for the fee of the replacement transformers and shipping to me. The labor and upgrades to the latest version of opamps are all FREE. I know this is not the page to note this. just wanted to share how great is the service I'm getting from RSA. :thumbup:

Now really poor. :cry: But drooling over getting a HD800 or a HD650 to be made balanced. :unsure:

u dont mind the sibilance?

How's the price range of Crystal Cable for HD800? Not too sure but expect to be over 1k++?

I found the APureSound cable quite affortable..http://apuresound.com/v3.html

Moon Audio cable as well..http://www.moon-audio.com/Headphone%20Cable.htm

No sibilance for HD800? What's the range of serial no.?

Mine is the early 3XX...While no sibilance or it is due to the source,

some part of the high frequency is quite aggressive sometimes and cause headache :rclxub:

Yes, Crystal Cable is overpriced, about $1.3k. I do like those from Moon Audio and Apuresound which is reasonable price. Might consider that for a try.

My series number is 8**(matches the HD800 :grin: ). Maybe they've solved the sibilance problem by then. Mine actually sound very smooth. Listen to classical with a lot of peak without any problem.

Edited by ical

Yes, Crystal Cable is overpriced, about $1.3k. I do like those from Moon Audio and Apuresound which is reasonable price. Might consider that for a try.

My series number is 8**. Maybe they've solved the sibilance problem by then. Honestly, mine sound very smooth.

Don't think its a matter of Senn actually "checked and rectified this issue" between your 8xx and his 3xx cos' I'm sure that their production per run is at least in the thousands, the 2 should be within the same production run. If there were any changes to be made, would have been pre-production if they found it to be an issue. Remember the video where they said each and every HD800 is checked and tested by "the man" himself? So, more or less the different serialled HD800s should be the same, at most only slight differences, which probably deemed minute.

Any amendments to the headphones therefore would probably be sometime later if the same issue is brought up by a significant number of customers/dealers.

Perhaps why one finds the sibilance and the other doesn't is because of different setup; ie, different source, amplification or music.

Edited by jig_sg

My series number is 8**(matches the HD800 :grin: ). Maybe they've solved the sibilance problem by then. Mine actually sound very smooth. Listen to classical with a lot of peak without any problem.

Wow..$1.3k I would top up for PS1000..really like the sound, although the vocal is like far away...

Have you got the frequency responds certificate?

PS1000 is worth consider. The vocal is actually quite forward for me. I suspect it might due to your amp. :think: It compliment my HD800 well. Both are very different cans.

Yet to receive my frequency responds certificate.

really don't think they actually check and rectified this issue cos' I'm sure that their production per run is at least in the thousands. Not cost effective to produce a few hundred and go back to drawing board. These "changes" would have been resolved much earlier before actual production. Perhaps is the different sources, amplification or music you guys listen to.

Do make sense. :rclxms:

Edited by ical

The HD800 is so far the only cans that I like from Senn other than their electrostatic. It's sound is worth it's price, but not it's build which look fragile to me.

The HD800 is so far the only cans that I like from Senn other than their electrostatic. It's sound is worth it's price, but not it's build which look fragile to me.

After burn in, do you spend more time listening with PS1000 or HD800?

Both about the same amount of time. If I find that certain track is is flat or boring with HD800, I'll just switch to PS1000. PS1000 is more forgiving. It add flavor and dynamic to lousy or old recording.

Forget it if you're looking for the perfect cans that can handle all because none of three flagship(HD800, PS1000, ED8) is. There's always a compromise in each of them. I noticed that recording play a biggest part than genre. So which cans I listen depending on their mastering as each cans has a different presentation and one is sure to work.

Edited by ical

iCal, did you manage to get the crystal cable for the HD800? Just got mine and contemplating cable options. Any advice?

Presently I'm happy with the well made stock cable which already sound very good to me. Crystal cable is too overpriced and known for it's weak bass which I'm worry about. Might try the well priced APureSound V3 cable with super nylon(as flexible as stock).

Oyaide just launch their HPC-Series cable for headphone so HD800 version will be out soon. I might go for that instead since I'm a big fan of Japanese cables.

http://www.oyaide.com/e_audio/audio_produc...hpc-series.html

Edited by ical