Sign in to follow this  
soundsync

Sennheiser HD800

I feel that the local Senn should don't do something about promoting HD800. They've a very great launch and product but lack follow up to keep the hype going. As Chinese said: "Hit metal when it's hot". If they still want to control it's price by only available at their store, sales is going to suffer end of the day. Especially with the available of ED8 now and the coming PS1000. Honestly, with the world wide web, everything is possible. I know some of the guys going for theirs on the net.

Really hope to see it at Stereo. With their professional looking store with excellent service and personal touch, I believe it can carry the status of this flagship with pride.

Just my 2 cents worth. :smoke:

I am not in the market for the HD800, too rich for my wallet. But what you have said made perfect sense, if Senn's local office is interested to promote their audiophile products.

In business, this is a bad marketing strategy. It sad to see all the good work done during the launch is going down the drain. Not many are willing to pay high price buying from service centre and yet without proper service. It should be available in a few stores so that customer can get a feel of it, audition and get poison. Just like ED8 which I never thought of owning only after I audition it. Seeing and hearing is believing which is better than any marketing.

Edited by ical

Just read Skylab's review of the HD800 over at Head-Fi...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/review-se...d-800-a-432103/

A very thorough review indeed. :thumbup:

Skylab has always been a reliable reviewer...thus I don't think it is going to do the HD800 any favour, especially for a can at this price range.

Did you read the part of the review on the SOLO SRG w/ the HD800. It looks promising considering some one's using a SOLO SRG preamped w/ a tube. The Tube might give the HD800 a touch or warmth and control the highs in theory. :think: Just imagine how the HD800 would sound on that system. :sweat:

I believe I might get a chance to hear a HD800 soon. :whistle:

Edited by jojo_b2

Did you read the part of the review on the SOLO SRG w/ the HD800. It looks promising considering some one's using a SOLO SRG preamped w/ a tube. The Tube might give the HD800 a touch or warmth and control the highs in theory. :think: Just imagine how the HD800 would sound on that system. :sweat:

I believe I might get a chance to hear a HD800 soon. :whistle:

Jojo, working undercover for Sennheiser...ha, ha...

Anyway...I would like to try out the HD800 on my system too if given a chance... ;)

Jojo, working undercover for Sennheiser...ha, ha...

Anyway...I would like to try out the HD800 on my system too if given a chance... ;)

Working with Grados lately. But I would like to see how a properly amped HD800 sounds like!. =)

Apparently, Audio Note is one of the appointed retailers/dealers for the HD800.

Now, at least we know where we can audition the bugger.

But IIRC they only got Lehman or Leben that can plug headphones?? If that's the case, then maybe not enough juice to power the cans to its full glory.

http://www.hifi.com.sg/journal/sview.asp?id=234

Edited by jig_sg

They use an integrated marantz amp's headphone out for audition purposes at AVOne though......I didnt bother to ask to try something else.

Edited by pongz

But IIRC they only got Lehman or Leben that can plug headphones?? If that's the case, then maybe not enough juice to power the cans to its full glory.

I'll only believe this when I hear it for myself. So far, my Leben has not failed to deliver power in spades. Think I'll pop in AN to try out the hd800, maybe closely 'recreate' my rig there for a good idea before committing (my headfi amp/dac/most cables bought from them).

Guest dragonboy

They use an integrated marantz amp's headphone out for audition purposes at AVOne though......I didnt bother to ask to try something else.

It is a real pity that the HD800 is not available at stereo. Really a bad business strategy... I could have got the HD800 instead of the Ultrasone ED8 or maybe both :think: .

I just wonder how this german headphone sound with the german SPL Phonitor? :think: It's gonna be great if we can pair them together. :party:

Edited by dragonboy

Apparently, Audio Note is one of the appointed retailers/dealers for the HD800.

Now, at least we know where we can audition the bugger.

The whole Sennheiser sales/marketing team should be fired. :angry: What the hell do a headphone doing in a hifi showroom. :doh:

Do you think Audio Note will bother to promote the HD800 when they're used to selling products that has much higher profit margin? Do customer bother looking at headphone when they walk into a hifi store surrounded with exotic hifi equipment? Or AV One driving it with just headphone out of a Marantz CD player is going to justify HD800 status cos they have a nice and quiet showroom? Wake up guys!! :bash:

I doubt anyone from the team has heard those setup. :think: I did and honestly it sound horrible. :no: You guys should listen and judge for yourself. I'm thinking why bother to set such a high standard for the launch, asking for people opinion after audition, yet refuse to follow up and end up sub standard. :yuck:

I still believe the HD800 is an excellent product which was badly misunderstood due to poor setup. It should belong to a good headphone store that can provide the best service with a proper setup system to drive it well. That's what customer is looking for. Not some fancy showroom, crappy service and lousy setup.

Edited by ical

I've nothing against Sennheiser HD800. I love it when I heard it in Japan. In fact, I'll be receive a set very soon as a gift. Just a little feedback as a customer that own it.

I've nothing against Sennheiser HD800. I love it when I heard it in Japan. In fact, I'll be receive a set very soon as a gift. Just a little feedback as a customer that own it.

Wah lau eh, I also want a gift too leh! Who give you? Can give me one too??? :cry:

It is a real pity that the HD800 is not available at stereo. Really a bad business strategy... I could have got the HD800 instead of the Ultrasone ED8 or maybe both :think: .

I just wonder how this german headphone sound with the german SPL Phonitor? :think: It's gonna be great if we can pair them together. :party:

Come come, all those who got the phonitor, bring down to AN and we all can audition lah. That's what the 2 handles on the front are for, yah? :yes:

My darling of course lah. :grin: But I've given her something that cost much more than HD800. :cry: You can try asking yours. :grin:

Edited by ical

Come come, all those who got the phonitor, bring down to AN and we all can audition lah. That's what the 2 handles on the front are for, yah? :yes:

I can't just bring it down like that leh. Need to uphold HD800 reputation. Unless you can provide a nice showroom for audition. If not, buy at your own risk. :grin:

Edited by ical