Sign in to follow this  
soundsync

Sennheiser HD800

First pair of HD800 already up for sale in Head-fi.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/f-s-senn-hd-800-a-426862/

Wow, that's fast. Doesn't look good for this flagship but then again plenty of guys who would buy and sell just have a listen. But this really takes the cake, 12hours isn't enough for a proper run-in and serious listening.

I agree with you bro. It doesn't mean anything for me. I only trust my ears. We'll know by this Friday.

hm would a simple ibasso D3 be enuff to drive it?

I really doubt so based on HD600. Even some desktop amps have problem with that.

Edited by ical

Here's one for you Mr. Jig_Sg. :P

======================================================

Today, 04:30 AM

500+ Head-Fi'er

I was dizzy with so much stuff to try and look at. I got to compare a DT880 vs 701 vs a Stax (not sure which one). I am telling you, the Stax was amazing. I liked them more than the HD 800.

And then there is this guy who left UE (he designed their phones!) and started a new company (JHAudio at jhaudio.com). His new custom IEM's have 6 drivers per side! 2 for lows, 2 for mids and 2 for highs. What I was surprised is the big soundstage they have. And it sounded very balanced too. It sounded clear all accross the spectrum. All for 1100.00

Phones: Beyerdynamics DT 880 Pro, Klipsch IMAGE X10, UE S5P, V-Moda Vibe, Sony MDR-AS100W for jogging; UM3X.

Gone: Westone UM2, W3's. Shure E2C, Marshmallows. LD Mk III ammp.

Amps: Headsix with LOD cable, Compass.

Source: iPod Classic 160, iPod nano 2nd gen, MacBook, Blackberry Storm.

My music stuff: Garage Band, Logic Express, Ivory Piano software, Clavinova Yamaha CVP-98 Keyboard.

Current Picture: taken in Lyon, France

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit!Facebook it!

Check out the PS-1000, HD800 and Blue Hawaii in the middle of the thread :D

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/canjam-2...794/index8.html

Edited by Lazyboy

Here's one for you Mr. Jig_Sg. :P

======================================================

Today, 04:30 AM

500+ Head-Fi'er

I was dizzy with so much stuff to try and look at. I got to compare a DT880 vs 701 vs a Stax (not sure which one). I am telling you, the Stax was amazing. I liked them more than the HD 800.

And then there is this guy who left UE (he designed their phones!) and started a new company (JHAudio at jhaudio.com). His new custom IEM's have 6 drivers per side! 2 for lows, 2 for mids and 2 for highs. What I was surprised is the big soundstage they have. And it sounded very balanced too. It sounded clear all accross the spectrum. All for 1100.00

Phones: Beyerdynamics DT 880 Pro, Klipsch IMAGE X10, UE S5P, V-Moda Vibe, Sony MDR-AS100W for jogging; UM3X.

Gone: Westone UM2, W3's. Shure E2C, Marshmallows. LD Mk III ammp.

Amps: Headsix with LOD cable, Compass.

Source: iPod Classic 160, iPod nano 2nd gen, MacBook, Blackberry Storm.

My music stuff: Garage Band, Logic Express, Ivory Piano software, Clavinova Yamaha CVP-98 Keyboard.

Current Picture: taken in Lyon, France

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit!Facebook it!

Check out the PS-1000, HD800 and Blue Hawaii in the middle of the thread :D

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/canjam-2...794/index8.html

For the price of Stax and amp, it better be good. :bash:

how many ohm izzit ah?

Ah... there's something call Google ah. If you don't know, there's the link ah.

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

Yahoo also can ah.

http://sg.yahoo.com/?p=us

For the price of Stax and amp, it better be good. :bash:

Ah... there's something call Google ah. If you don't know, there's the link ah.

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

Yahoo also can ah.

http://sg.yahoo.com/?p=us

Confirm, chop and stamped! Swee swee one...

"Stax is everything you want in a dynamic setup...." Ooopps... think I'm gonna be flame bait for that :yuck:

Don't think I want to meet you that day. Walking with you is dangerous. Don't want to be stone together with you. :grin:

Edited by ical

Don't think I want to meet you that day. Walking with you is dangerous. Don't want to be stone together with you. :grin:

I think he should walk into the HD800 audition with STAX in between's his ears and a T-Shirt with print "Stax is all you ever want in a dynamic setup!" :rclxms:

Edited by Lazyboy

I think he should walk into the HD800 audition with STAX in between's his ears and a T-Shirt with print "Stax is all you ever want in a dynamic setup!" :rclxms:

Hmm.. idea huh. Must get one of those done at Queensway Shopping Centre :party::party:

Read that in Head-Fi that the HD800 is very amp-specific and very unforgiving to bad recording. Sigh...guess this high end can is meant for those very high end amp and audiophile recordings only. Looks like not a can for me... :grin: which means wallet will not be depleted.

Read that in Head-Fi that the HD800 is very amp-specific and very unforgiving to bad recording. Sigh...guess this high end can is meant for those very high end amp and audiophile recordings only. Looks like not a can for me... :grin: which means wallet will not be depleted.

Who you trying to bluff??

There's ALWAYS something you can spend your money on!

Likewise.

@Jig_sg: You can walk in stark naked with those big boards saying "NOTHING BUT STAX". :P

Hmmm... you may have a point there...

just when everybody is in shock :blink::shocking::blink::blink::wacko:

maybe I can just walk out with a HD800 or two... :whistle:

Who you trying to bluff??

There's ALWAYS something you can spend your money on!

Hmmm... you may have a point there...

just when everybody is in shock :blink::shocking::blink::blink::wacko:

maybe I can just walk out with a HD800 or two... :whistle:

I'll be sure to bring along extra bags. Just chuck em my way when they are all looking at your six packs that spells out STAX :lol:

Six packs of STAX. It rhythms. :lol:

Edited by Lazyboy