ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

My place so noisy, how to compare... :doh:

You and sep90 want to open house of snakes? :sweat:

The BH and HP4 showdown might win over some STAX convertees

Haha! the snake is Sep's. :rolleyes: Now fervently hoping my AMP comes in. :doh:

Sep really poison by powercord BIG TIME! :doh::doh: Wonder who started all this that makes him so crazy. :think: Jojo and Sep can hold hand now. :grin:

Edited by ical

wah!!! :lust: the metalic snake jus arrive!

now another wrestling match with the snake :doh:

well thanks to a (certain ) somebody here....lending me a snake to try and ever since got hook to it....hehe

Edited by sep90

Something arrived at my office today too :grin:

IPB Image

#233 in da house!

IPB Image

Edited by jig_sg

Cool!! How's it's condition? Let us know your impression. Actually I'm more keen in your Magnum mod.

Edited by ical

Dunno why but kind of feeling distracted lately, can't seem to get into my work....

:P

IPB Image

Cool!! How's it's condition? Let us know your impression. Actually I'm more keen in your Magnum mod.

So far so good.

Magnum will have to wait, delayed cos' I ordered the V3 cable. So must wait until cable finished then send to Canada for installation THEN ship out to me.

You called that office?!! I'll sack my staffs if they bring those into my studio. :bash: Some more still got time to take pics. Don't have to to work already loh. Where's your boss? I'm calling him now. :bash:

So far so good.

Magnum will have to wait, delayed cos' I ordered the V3 cable. So must wait until cable finished then send to Canada for installation THEN ship out to me.

Like that I believe end of year then I see it.

Edited by ical

Something arrived at my office today too :grin:

#233 in da house!

IPB Image

So how is the sound out of the box?

Bringing it to Stereo one of these days? :grin:

You called that office?!! I'll sack my staffs if they bring those into my studio. :bash: Some more still got time to take pics. Don't have to to work already loh. Where's your boss? I'm calling him now. :bash:

Like that I believe end of year then I see it.

*hide stuff away*

<_< Call lah. :bash::bash::bash::bash:

This is the number 999

Edited by jig_sg

WAAH!!!! Now must wait for mine to come in :prettyprincess: .... But my AMP is no where in sight. :cry:

On a side note... we need a new thread, The "Look what came to the office today..." thread. Lol! :lol:

@Jig

Which one is which: PS1 and HF2?

Edit: I get the idea the thicker cable is HF2 which is the right most can. =)

Btw, what shipping did you use? I opted for EMS.

Edited by jojo_b2

WAAH!!!! Now must wait for mine to come in :prettyprincess: .... But my AMP is no where in sight. :cry:

On a side note... we need a new thread, The "Look what came to the office today..." thread. Lol! :lol:

@Jig

Which one is which: PS1 and HF2?

Edit: I get the idea the thicker cable is HF2 which is the right most can. =)

Btw, what shipping did you use? I opted for EMS.

Yup in that order, PS1 left and HF2 right. Should be quite obvious cos' the PS1 has a much deeper chamber. Guess maybe HF2 can be improved with a liberator?

USPS Int'l Priority.

Actually kind of prefer the look of the PS1 with the "narrower" cups. The HF2 looks similar to the PS1000 with the broader/wider cup design. Mine however, thank god, looks as perfect as I can see, no nicks in view. Burned in for 3-4 hours at best, sounds a bit lean, brittle at high frequencies (not as much as i heard on the RS1 but then again amp dependent) and scattered but not too bad. Definitely not as musical as the PS1, at this point in time. But can hear its potential. One thing that really bothers me is the limited amount of leeway the cup holders allow, less than 10 degree of tilt in either direction with the bowls off; almost none with the bowls on. The PS1 has a much bigger arc of rotation. So for bigger/wider heads, may be a bit uncomfortable? But for me still okay, my head not that big :grin:

the cable on the right cup looks weird. and i thought magnum mod cant be done on HF2 already.

The cable is actually fine. There seems to be more room in the rubber shielding than it looks; so when the cable bends it kind of "folds" at the bend due to the soft "hollow" shielding. The conductors inside feel to be thinner than the cable looks when you squeeze the cable. So the seemingly thicker cable isn't actually "thicker"?

Nope, didn't do it on the HF2. I I did, it wouldn't have arrived today. And yes, they (Symphones) have removed the option for modding the HF2, which was actually included when they started.

Edited by jig_sg

Hi jig-sg, Pardon my ignorance. I know the HP4 but what are the rest of the equipments on your rack?

Top - Orpheus Zero CDP

2nd from Top - HP4

3rd - KGBH (maxed) Electrostatic amplifier for Electrostat Headphones

4th - Air Tight ATM300 integrated amplifier (tubes not in yet)

Edited by jig_sg

Top - Orpheus Zero CDP

2nd from Top - HP4

3rd - KGBH (maxed) Electrostatic amplifier for Electrostat Headphones

4th - Air Tight ATM300 integrated amplifier (tubes not in yet)

Waah!!! Jig bringing out his big guns. :shocking:

Edited by jojo_b2