ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Cal, what happened?? Selling off your Vintage? Wah, collector one u know.

lol :yawn::smoke::whistle::ppth:

well u know me well but when i really go for it ... :party::shifty:

be patient is the way of Jedi.....not so easily to be persuade to dark side and be careful on mind tricks.... :bash:

well they r another league ler and u r correct on 3 of them haha :bash:

1 hard to please, other is stax fan and 1 more over-cautious on choosing amp.. :rolleyes::grin:

well we also got cables/powercords fanatics here, RSA die hard fan, tube rolling die hard fan, 1 very skeptical on tweaks and still doubting how the heck the rr-77 works on his room with Qrs-8s as well still deciding on distributor whether which wan to go for ...

but add them together we can go along well and still become friends and passionate bout music and sharing thoughts and auditing each and other's masterpieces

Bro, think you can go for the TTVJ Millet 307A la, that one damn versatile :party: .

Just look at the headphone jacks available! Hybrid tube somemore.... your kind of amp, right?! :dance:

IPB Image

There's one on Heafi for sale - free worldwide shipping somemore and its switchable to 240V... SWEE!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs-ttvj-...a-tubes-440877/

Just look at "will not upgrade for a long time" Kachui, "hard to please" Kidult and "diehard Stax fan" jig_sg, tempting is everywhere!! :whistle:

What what what!?!?!?!?

Dun anyhow anyhow say hor, I luv my electrostats! :lust:

STAX YEAH STAX YEAH STAX YEAH STAX YEAH STAX YEAH

:lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust:

@Sep

Just want to remind you as a friend that you're wasting a lot of money on cable lah. :no: I've been into hifi for some time, well known for my hifi/home theatre and tweaking in echoloft and xtremeplace. Not because my system is expensive, cos it sound way better than those that cost many times more. :smoke: And like you, I've been through that cable period and spend more than you can imagine. :cry: Until I realized that I'm just going round in circle. Changes doesn't meant improvement. Most of the time is the mind playing trick. :doh: A midrange system with full Nordost Odin is not going to make it sound high end.

To make a rig sound good require more homework than cable. There's a lot of hard work in getting component and the rest to match, source, isolation, power conditioning, generator and etc. Actually audio is a very selfish especially in hifi. Most are very reluctant to share as every discovery cost money in try and error, and nobody will want others' system to sound better than their own. I already share enough with most of you so I should keep some secret for myself which I just discover recently. :grin:

Edited by ical

Cal, what happened?? Selling off your Vintage? Wah, collector one u know.

Big project coming up leh so need money to fund. :grin:

Dun anyhow anyhow say hor, I luv my electrostats! :lust:

STAX YEAH STAX YEAH STAX YEAH STAX YEAH STAX YEAH

:lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust:

Then still buy dynamic stuffs? In the olden days, you'll be stone for disloyalty.

Big project coming up leh so need money to fund. :grin:

Then still buy dynamic stuffs? In the olden days, you'll be stone for disloyalty.

Haha.. dun need la, feel "stoned" sometimes already.

Aiyah, backside itchy mah, had good investment experience before with special edition grados. But this got a bit carried away la and bought a HP4 :grin: Maybe sell lor later on if dun wan. :P

But now also need to clear stuff la, too much money stuck in them. Also selling one by one.

Wah...you guys still posting at 2am...no need to sleep one, ah?

Yes...Cal, "I will not be upgrading for a long, long time!!"

By the way, just had James to further mod my CDP, got it back two nights ago... :shifty:

Edited by Kachui

@Sep

Just want to remind you as a friend that you're wasting a lot of money on cable lah. :no: I've been into hifi for some time, well known for my hifi/home theatre and tweaking in echoloft and xtremeplace. Not because my system is expensive, cos it sound way better than those that cost many times more. :smoke: And like you, I've been through that cable period and spend more than you can imagine. :cry: Until I realized that I'm just going round in circle. Changes doesn't meant improvement. Most of the time is the mind playing trick. :doh: A midrange system with full Nordost Odin is not going to make it sound high end.

To make a rig sound good require more homework than cable. There's a lot of hard work in getting component and the rest to match, source, isolation, power conditioning, generator and etc. Actually audio is a very selfish especially in hifi. Most are very reluctant to share as every discovery cost money in try and error, and nobody will want others' system to sound better than their own. I already share enough with most of you so I should keep some secret for myself which I just discover recently. :grin:

I'd have to agree with Cal here - given the kind of cables you're using for your amp, it's like pumping gold into a machine so that you can extract copper out of it. If you say you're patient, then be patient about power cables too.

Wah...you guys still posting at 2am...no need to sleep one, ah?

Yes...Cal, "I will not be upgrading for a long, long time!!"

By the way, just had James to further mod my CDP, got it back two nights ago... :shifty:

Time too precious to waste on sleep. :grin:

So how's the mod? Any improvement?

Edited by ical

Time too precious to waste on sleep. :grin:

So how's the mod? Any improvement?

Ha, ha...true, true.

Was not thrilled about the mod at first, sounded a bit dull...but after a couple of hours of burning in, things began to open up. Not as much improvement as the first mod, but it does smoothen things out and bass is punchier and tighter, much quieter overall. I am happy with it overall...I am not sure whether it was the mod or that the HD800 has fully burned in (180 hours on it), but really like how the rig sounds now.

Was not thrilled about the mod at first, sounded a bit dull...but after a couple of hours of burning in, things began to open up. Not as much improvement as the first mod, but it does smoothen things out and bass is punchier and tighter, much quieter overall. I am happy with it overall...I am not sure whether it was the mod or that the HD800 has fully burned in (180 hours on it), but really like how the rig sounds now.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'd have to agree with Cal here - given the kind of cables you're using for your amp, it's like pumping gold into a machine so that you can extract copper out of it. If you say you're patient, then be patient about power cables too .

haha... why we never tell him that :rclxms:

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ha, ha...you contacting James soon?

Actually, what he has done for mine is not at the end of the mod yet...there many things he can still do...but going to cost another SGD700!!! :bash:

With full mod, I've a feeling that it can easily beat those higher end cdp. Cos even high end product compromise some of their parts due to budget given.

Edited by ical

With full mod, I've a feeling that it can easily beat those higher end cdp. Cos even high end product compromise some of their parts due to budget given.

But most of the time, when the sum of all parts have come together, one will still feel inadequate, it will still reach the peak of its performance somewhere. There's only so much you can change/upgrade. Which inadvertently may mean its replacement with something of a higher grade and the cycle begins all over again... and again, which is also part of the "fun"? Well, as it has been said over a thousand times "it never ends"... :grin:

But then again, one must also weight the sum of these parts, if you change all the parts of a Toyota to a Porche, to have something that feels like a Porche but looks like a Toyota, then better buy a Porche. Because even though everything internally is a Porche, its performance will still lag somewhat due to the absence of the aerodynamic design of the Porche.

But of course, there are those who prefer to shock with the unassuming and underestimated Toyota that blows everyone away :shocking:

Edited by jig_sg

ttvj is very rich for my blood lol :D

for that price i rather get Balancing Act Zana Deus.. just half of the price :D

thanks for kind words calvin and i glad we have a friend been through this before and able to give advice :blush:

u have a point there Calvin ...but on the bright side , all my powercords and cables r sorted out so i wont be hunting for 1 for a long time and since i ahem :cans: perfectly safe from powercords and cables...will take something really out of the world and very extremely poisonous to poison me... :grin:

the next thing i could upgrade is the amp and mod my dac...my next step of enlightment

Yes, he said that with the full mod, no CDPs below $5K can be better than it. But the CDP + the current mod already cost $2.1K. :no: Though peanuts to those with high end CDPs...this amount is "durians" (at least the D24) to me.

Edited by Kachui

Yes, he said that with the full mod, no CDPs below $5K can be better than it. But the CDP + the current mod already cost $2.1K. :no: Though peanuts to those with high end CDPs...this amount is "durians" (at least the D24) to me.

Bro, contentment is a virtue, you will feel blessed when you look at your bank account in years to come.

Am still trying to find my way, like a lost sheep in the world of Evil-Fi :grin: The upgraditis serpent slivers amongst the weak......