Stereo_Electronics

Share your audio tweaks

Yes, I fully agree. Jaw dropped when I first had a listen to this gem. Beat out many dedicated head amps I've heard and tried, both ss and tubed.

The Bass controls is very helpful too when used with different headphones.

The best thing of all is that it really also sounds just as good as an int amp driving speakers (upper mid to high efficiency models only).

Just curious, which amps have you tried? I've sold my headamp over a year ago and thinking of buying one again. This amp will be versatile in case I ditch my headphone system; can use it for speakers.

Just curious, which amps have you tried? I've sold my headamp over a year ago and thinking of buying one again. This amp will be versatile in case I ditch my headphone system; can use it for speakers.

None of the more recent offerings, but for desktop models I've tried grace, sugden (the headmaster which I still own), grado, audio technica, musical fidelity to name a few. Tried many over the years, can't remember them all, but so far the leben is the one I like best, intimate and inviting sound, no lack of details, separation and liquid mids (ymmv). It also responds well to tweaks and sensitive enough to get different sound characteristics with different cables as well as tube rolling (very discernible effect headfi-wise with different brands of tubes, esp signal tubes).

Note that the smaller int amp can only churn out 12-15watts, so non-efficient speakers are out. If you are thinking of building a system with harder to drive speakers or floorstanders, you might have better luck with the cs600 with double the juice.

Best to audition first with your headphones to see if you like how it sounds first.

This is 1 solid tweek, must use iPhone post while listening :DD

Millennium Audio M-CD Carbon Mat

the details power upped!!!

The amazing thing it can make semi unreadable disc fully readable, I have this lpcd with 16 tracks last few tracks would skip, now using the mat, play seamlessly .. Cd is scratchless btw

SilClear is the cheapest tweak with results that I recently found.

No doubt the best tweak for the money spent. :yes:

This is 1 solid tweek, must use iPhone post while listening :DD

Millennium Audio M-CD Carbon Mat

the details power upped!!!

The amazing thing it can make semi unreadable disc fully readable, I have this lpcd with 16 tracks last few tracks would skip, now using the mat, play seamlessly .. Cd is scratchless btw

Wait till you try the Marigo Audio Signature Mat. Available at Musiclink. :whistle:

http://www.marigoaudio.com/

Edited by ical

No one posted this?

IPB Image

it the most important tweak imo :thumbup: Especially for IEM user :whistle:

this 1 every spray made me cry.. Uncomfortable

Maybe I can try it too. My earwax doesn't disintegrate on its own. Once in while need to used tweezer to dig it out and occasionally can pull out a "tube" of earwax! :blink: But the feeling while pulling is quite shiok and satisfying :blush: , shivers down my spine... something like the feeling you get while at the end of a piss but only about a fifth of that intensity :grin: