Stereo_Electronics

Share your audio tweaks

anw,is there any other tweak i can get ?not too expensive one...haha...anw..yeah,CDP is very analog sounding..tried my friend's and nice nice...

I'm using this one one my Dac Magic PSu and on my speakers. It's amazing how 3 pcs can actually stop the Little Pinkie PSU from transferring Vibration to the Rack. :shocking:

Taoc SBL-13MT

http://www.sibatech.co.jp/taoc/insulator.html

The only problem is I have no idea how this translates to your Diva PSU. Only way to know is try. :sweat:

Edited by jojo_b2

anw,is there any other tweak i can get ?not too expensive one...haha...anw..yeah,CDP is very analog sounding..tried my friend's and nice nice...

Cdp will sound digital after you listen to turntable.

Lots of cheap tweaks you can look at:

http://www.audiotweaks.com/collection_ascend.htm

Edited by ical

Thought I would contribute to this tweak thread as I didn't see anyone posting tweaks of this brand.

One of my favourite brand of tweak/footers:

IPB Image

Harmonix Syn-100 and RF-999MT Mkii combo.

Using the Leben CS300X Limited as a headphone amp, which is amazing as a head amp based on sound quality and sheer power (directly tapped from the output trans). This footer combo bumped the relatively average-priced Leben to another level, improvements audible even through headphones.

Only disadvantage/con of this brand is the price, but the end result really justifies the price, imho. Also recommend the TU-666ZX which I'm using to support my dac in my headfi rig.

Thought I would contribute to this tweak thread as I didn't see anyone posting tweaks of this brand.

Using the Leben CS300X Limited as a headphone amp, which is amazing as a head amp based on sound quality and sheer power (directly tapped from the output trans). This footer combo bumped the relatively average-priced Leben to another level, improvements audible even through headphones.

Only disadvantage/con of this brand is the price, but the end result really justifies the price, imho. Also recommend the TU-666ZX which I'm using to support my dac in my headfi rig.

Wow...a rig of a different league... :thumbup:

A picture showing the whole Leben in your next post? :grin:

Using the Leben CS300X Limited as a headphone amp, which is amazing as a head amp based on sound quality and sheer power (directly tapped from the output trans).

the leben's headout is probably one of the best sounding headamps i've heard.

even the finest dedicated headamps will find it hard to match the rare combination of purity & power of the leben headout. the switchable circuit makes the integrated amp become a dedicated tube headamp.

plus it's got a HUGE advantage over most of the others: BASS CONTOUR control, which can allow any headphone to have tailor-made bass.

wonderful musicality!

IPB Image

Nice footers. Few of my hifi friends are hardcore fan.

Nice price too but then again its good with everything so a good invest which can be reused anywhere.

Was considering this one until I got side tracked by some of the people here and got the Tite35S instead :wacko:

What to do... everybody now... :prettyprincess:Y :prettyprincess:M :prettyprincess:C :prettyprincess:A :prettyprincess:

Edited by jig_sg

the leben's headout is probably one of the best sounding headamps i've heard.

even the finest dedicated headamps will find it hard to match the rare combination of purity & power of the leben headout. the switchable circuit makes the integrated amp become a dedicated tube headamp.

plus it's got a HUGE advantage over most of the others: BASS CONTOUR control, which can allow any headphone to have tailor-made bass.

wonderful musicality!

IPB Image

Yes, I fully agree. Jaw dropped when I first had a listen to this gem. Beat out many dedicated head amps I've heard and tried, both ss and tubed.

The Bass controls is very helpful too when used with different headphones.

The best thing of all is that it really also sounds just as good as an int amp driving speakers (upper mid to high efficiency models only).

Nice price too but then again its good with everything so a good invest which can be reused anywhere.

Was considering this one until I got side tracked by some of the people here and got the Tite35S instead :wacko:

yes, the tweaks are mostly good with everything and can be reused anywhere (eqpt, speakers, power components, etc) so they can be considered a good investment. Plus side is that they hold their value fairly well in the resale market as well (compared to some other tweaks where one can lose half or more of its initial purchase price).

I have three sets of tite-35s employed in my primary hifi system, but this is nowhere close in terms of musical improvement compared to the Harmonix tweaks. Even with the tite-25mfs, where imho they tried to mimick the harmonix way (metal plus wood), the effects are different. But at 7-8 times the price of 1 set vs combo (tite-35s vs syn100/rf999mt), many harmonix tweaks are shunned by most. But one thing's for sure, they work in the most profound and astounding ways.

It is however, possible to overkill a system with too much harmonix tweaks, especially if care is not taken when setting them up, but when properly set up, the results are jaw-dropping. When set up wrongly, everything sounds bloated and slow, and when set up correctly, you'll hear improvements in clarity, minute details in the background become audible, texturing of bass, and tonally-correct weight and body to instruments and vocals, plus a bump to fluidity and 'analog' naturalness and feel to the music. In short, the sound presentation becomes 'musical'.

i assume the CX300 is as good as CX300X?? :think:

No, the cs300x or cs300xs edge out in slightly more power and ultimate refinement and control when compared to the basic cs300. Quite sure it's because of the internal component differences. Can't remember the price difference though.

See here (near bottom of page link): http://www.hifi.com.sg/products/amplifier/leben/cs300x.htm

I have yet to find the time to directly compare the cs300x to the cs600 in terms of head amp output plus quality (based on same type of tubes). If the headamp on the cs-600 is twice or near twice as good, then I'm keen to upgrade, otherwise the 300x is going to be a long-term keeper for me...cute and small, but big with the sound quality.

hmm....totally different class imo :sweat:

oh, what headphone(s) are you using??

hmm....totally different class imo :sweat:

oh, what headphone(s) are you using??

Beyer dt990 '05, dt880 pre '05, dt770-32ohms, dt770 pro, denon d7000. The leben can also run the akg k1000; didn't get that because I have the leben hooked up to speakers for background music.

Edited by askl2000