Sign in to follow this  
Blues

My Review: Sony MDR-CD3000

thanks! blush.gifblush.gif

so honoured.. I need to improve big time on my revewing skills.. biggrin.gif

thumbup1.gif

Don't bother trying to defend the CD3K on head-fi. The most important thing is that YOU like it & it works with YOUR gear.

hehhee.. yea.. but it was fun while it lasted tongue.gif

ok ok now I go back to do my work biggrin.gif

oh and yes I need to 'catch-up' with my post counts lOL lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by Blues

Very good effort, Blues. Your skills are improving. Btw, which gear is Belden 19364 connected? I forsee a good combination of this power cord to Belden 83803. This combo should give U tighter bass and resolution of the highs while maintaining a certain amount of airiness. 83803 can contribute a tizzy sound before full burn-in and even so thereafter in some systems. In your case, I think it might just work. I recommend 19364 to A3CD and 83803 to HA-1. 83803 cost $20/m (GST exclusive). Terminate it with MK UK 3-pin hospital grade plug and Schurter IEC connector will suffice.

Your review piques my interest in CD3K. tongue.gif

mackie, I'm surprised it took you so long to be interested in the CD3Ks! damn, my raving skills not good enough yucky.gif

thanks mackie.. blush.gif

.. my .. skill.. sux blush.gif

Yeap will look into the power cords that you've mentioned earlier..

btw, maybe the first tweak that I will take is the termination plug. Will let you know which day of this week I'm coming down laugh.gif

edit: the power cord is connected to the corda. But the corda will go off soon.. probably by next year I will have a new amp. I feel that it struggles to produce the kind of flow that I've heard in other amps + cd3000 tongue.gif

Oh yes btw, when are you getting the cd3000? tongue.gif

I reckon it will transform into a monster once fed with your EMC1 and the RKV. Invincible monster!! lol.giflol.gif

Edited by Blues

yeah.gifyeah.gif cool man teach me too ... kicking.gif

mackie, I'm surprised it took you so long to be interested in the CD3Ks! damn, my raving skills not good enough

ablaze, I'm not easy to budge unless I've listened to the gear. Sadly, I didn't get much listening done in the previous meet.

btw, maybe the first tweak that I will take is the termination plug. Will let you know which day of this week I'm coming down

Blues, meet me at Raffles Place mrt between 11-12.30pm or 4pm Mon-Fri. sms me one day in advance so that I will remember to bring it to the office.

Edited by Mackie

No lah......I won't be getting CD3000 for now. If I do, I hope to get a new pair while in Japan on holidays or in HK visiting my in-laws.

great to hear mackie joining the cd3000's team! w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

tongue.gif

Edited by Blues

blaze, barradio, me , audio, jarthel..

quite a no! but the common ones are the 3 of us biggrin.gif

did I miss out any, jeff? unsure.gif