Sign in to follow this  
Blues

My Review: Sony MDR-CD3000

No lah......I won't be getting CD3000 for now. If I do, I hope to get a new pair while in Japan on holidays or in HK visiting my in-laws.

Just wondering, how much does a pair of CD3k cost in Japan and HK?

Thanks.

Just did my HOMEWORK on the net.....recent slide of USD/SGD works in our favour if one wishes to buy from US sites. Currently around US$433 ~ S$750 (shipping exclusive) at exchange rate of 1.73.

Edited by Mackie

Hmm where our jp connection - Mr. Tee? I think he's gonna get a R-10 and maybe someone would like to tompang a CD-3000 with him. I understand the price in jp is around S$600 to S$650.

CD3000 is quoted at Y50,000 on the Japanese Sony site; works out to S$780. If street prices are S$600-650, I'll be damned! tongue.gif

Sorry to dig up this old thread but I had to post this link for bored owners of the Sony MDR-CD3000. I'll have mine in quilted maple, better still bird's eye maple! Blardy expensive!

What the........Reminds me of the custom CD3000 on Headfi.org.

It happens to be the same person that did it actually.

Fortunately I don't own the CD3K, if not I might be finding purple heart on my ears. yawn.gif

And I still can't believe they have varied sonic effects on the cans...

Actually, even the coins have effect on the cans sonically. The coin tweak? I can't believe I actually tried it myself, but I touch my heart and say, "I can't hear a difference".