Sign in to follow this  
Senn

Best soundcard for music listening

how much is the revo ah?

i'm using a promedia 4.1 and hd497...

currently using hercules gametheatre xp...

usually listen to mp3s and play games...

should i stick to my current card or change to the revo?

the audigy series' not ideal cos they resample everything to 48khz (including 44.1khz audio cds) and their resampling algorithm's questionable at best. if you have to, use foobar2000's internal resampler to resample to 48khz before playing thru the audigy.

Audigy 1 is resampling everything to 48kHz internally but not Audigy 2.

the audigy series' not ideal cos they resample everything to 48khz (including 44.1khz audio cds) and their resampling algorithm's questionable at best. if you have to, use foobar2000's internal resampler to resample to 48khz before playing thru the audigy.

Audigy 1 is resampling everything to 48kHz internally but not Audigy 2.

not true. the aud2 does internal resampling to 48khz too. not too sure about the new Aud2 ZSs though

not true. the aud2 does internal resampling to 48khz too. not too sure about the new Aud2 ZSs though

Audigy 2 only resample to 48kHz when the Effect Engine take place. Else, it support all the way up to 192/24 for playback and 96/24 for recording.

Click here for more.

how much is the revo ah?

i'm using a promedia 4.1 and hd497...

currently using hercules gametheatre xp...

usually listen to mp3s and play games...

should i stick to my current card or change to the revo?

??

how much u buy?

hi

sorry i just saw the post, dont have much time to log in as im having my exams soon sad2.gif

i bought it from another guy who was letting it go. got it at around 150. according to him, he bought it off the net. added up to about 200 plus all the taxes and service charge

Are there any soundcards that can power a 250ohm headphone without the need for an amp?

This is not a plug for the soundcard I'm using, coincidently, some weeks back I was using my Beyer DT250 (250 ohm) on the output of my PC's SBLive soundcard & the output was very respectable & unless you really need ear splitting volume, it was able to perform without problems. I was not using any additional boost or eqs. just plugged directly into the headphone out. The music I was playing at the time was some .wav files of slow folk music (Chieftains).

Trying it out on my Powerbook even as we speak with the same .wav files & it seems to be the same as my PC. It sounds surprisingly good too. Nice details in the music maybe the DT250 suits this application. I recall using the AKG K501 with a mere 140 ohms only able to achieve moderately loud volumes.