Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Nakamichi Anyone?

Though I didn't have decent equipment, I was stunned. Wow, have to go and dig for more tapes in chinatown wink.gif

Listened to "Lemon tree" from "fool's garden". The dynamics definitely better than most CDs. Now I know what is analogue sounding.

The power rangers sounded like they've really got real power.

But because lack of decent equipment, background hiss very loud, but OMG, they sound good. I had an easy time navigating the tracks because when i pressed forward once, my player would search for a 3 sec silence, rewind to the start of the silence, and play on. So press forward, wait and I'm on the next track.

Wonder if its my equipment or what, sounds like it has a veil esp the vocals. Other than that very good.

D777 for Nakamichi anyone? tongue.gif

post-2-1066117118.jpg

Edited by lekguan

Let see...

Nakamitchi New was approx S$750 (£300) in 1990 $.

D-777 was approx S$200 in the 90s.

No thanks. Unless you just wanna the Naka tape head. Yup, it's costs S$250 for the tape head.LOL

LOL, had the D-777 cost S$200 I think evil-zen would have gotten 2 by now already tongue.gif

It used to sell for at least S$400. Infact according to my friend, the next top model E905 were sold for around the same price too.

In the Uk, the price was even more deadly! Whopping 300 pounds paid by duncan(95)!

Edited by Blues

Blues, I'm talking about brand new not some hyped up prices because of its rep. We all know what happens when a piece of equipment gets classic status - like the Grado HP-1. But we're going off track here. It's about Nakamitchi and tapes.

Edited by Rameish

Nope.

Its brand new retail price in the 95/96 was S$400. In the UK, acc to the head-fi thread that I searched, duncan paid 300 pounds in 1995.

Infact they are actually cheaper nowadays . For eg lekguan, he managed to find one well below 200 dollars and in good condition wink.gif

sorry for my ot- just to clarify happy.gif

Edited by Blues

Just to clarify, in UK Japanese electronics prices tend to be overinflated compared with Asia unless they are assembled/built there. Hence the hefty price tag.

And the VAT @ 17%

I knew I should have bought the 777 from Electric City in 1997 (above HMV). Don't worry, it's no longer there (the store) LOL. It was a older model and I didn't buy it.

In Singapore, there is usually a vast difference between List price and Street price for fast moving comsumer goods (not hi-fi unfortunately). Well even then things like the Marantz 6000 OSE sold for S$650 when it first came out then price dropped to S$550. Now the 6000 OSELE can be had for S$450 i think.

Edited by Rameish

I'm miffed, why doesn't my Walkman threads get this much discussion going! tongue.gif

I don't know N@Z. I'm surprised too. I guess it's a Nakamitchi. Anything with an audiophile brand usually gets people talking I guess. Think aout the Sony R-10. Only a handful can afford one but when there's a thread about it everyone around here (including myself) gets excited.

Tee! Where are the R-10s?? LOL

Back to tape - where can I find TDK or Maxell chrome tapes in Singapore??

Blues and Lekguan,

I too only brought down a few tapes from my parents' place innocent.gif

Tapecollection.JPG

Edited by Rameish

I had a tape head Demagnetize somewhere. kicking.gif

I have 3. But I lost one. It was my favoutite type as well - the wand type. The only 2 I have left are the cassette types - one is passive (discwasher) and one has electronics (Audio Technica).

Blues,

Be more observent when you come over next time. You missed listening to the Grado HP-1 and they were right under your nose. LOL

Blues,

Be more observent when you come over next time. You missed listening to the Grado HP-1 and they were right under your nose. LOL

rameish.. sad2.gif didn't know that you possessed a legendary can by the name of HP-1 . All I knew was that you had a grado rs-1 LOL lol.gif

sigh.. no chance to try them out man.

Oh wait.. maybe I will when you get your hp-2 yeah.gif

WooH! That's alot of tape compilations! I must really get a tape demagnetizer. I never had one ever before! I think I only borrowed from friends to carry out one 'sweep'.