Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Nakamichi Anyone?

Oh yes, that move by Nakamichi was and still is impressive! It's all about azimuth. Treble details suffer greatly even if the degree of error is small.

Edited by Mackie

I forgot to post these.

GOLDMETAL003.jpg

I recall owning a few of these. Really cool watching them spin around like open reel types.

GOLDMETAL010.jpg

Yes, azimuth....kinda forgot about that word...old memories. Remember wow and flutter Mackie?

Okay, I'm quite certain 99% of the guys in this forum are thinking what worng with these old farts speaking in a lingo I don't quite understand. Why the fuss? Go MD or MP3 LOL.

N@Z.

That pic is a sight for sore eyes man. I do remember them. It seems like only yesterday.

I still remember the times when I bring back an old car stereo from my uncle house. Then I buy a 50 ringgit transformer to power the car stereo and speaker. Kitaro still consider famous during that time.

Does that put me near to being called old timer? no.giftongue.gif

Jason, not quite (because of Kitaro) but getting a transformer to power the car stereo at home is quite common even during my time as well! I remember the silver Pioneer cassetted decks with external power amps we're de-regur, if you didn't have one with the complimentary square black encased front tweeters & 2 way 6x9 rear speakers you haven't got it made yet. It was all about sibilance back then whereas nowadays it's about bOOm!

Rameish, they didn't sound as good as the TDK-SA but the novelty made up for it. wink.gif

Since the golden oldies, old timers, Enciks & what have you are reminiscing, what sort of music did you guys listen to on cassettes (8 track, SHOCK HORROR!) back then? Alot of hippie rock? tongue.gif

I forgot to post these.

oh my so cute hahaha :D

i'm gona get some new rubber belts for my cassete deck some day. they gone soft now. cant some tapes smoothly without the vocals bent here and there. 'long' becomes 'loooowwong' at times. haha tapes. B)

used them for 6 years as source till 2003 when my old dedicated deck died. really died. :cry:

now got this old sherwood deck with dying belts...