Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Nakamichi Anyone?

Don't forget Dolby S. All of which reduced noise but affected sound quality in some form or another.

On the Nak I only used Dolby B for recording as it is the best compromise in terms of sound quality & minimal hiss. Dolby C reduced the headroom significantly. For best sound quality for playback on the Nak I prefer without any form of Noise Reduction unless hiss is a problem.

Oh yes, that too. All cassette decks will benefit from an Allsop clean and TDK demagnetizer. Yup, we have exposed our age alright. tongue.gif

Edited by Mackie

The young uns are probably thinking why bother when you can have the convenience of the MD. happy.gif

Encik, I still have some kamen rider cassettes(bought back when I was 8 yrs old) and my old trusty aiwa walkman(not v good though)!

Infact cassettes are still being sold in indonesia! Those who can't afford to buy cds will go for the tapes man wink.gif

Is it still selling in brunei?

Nearly as much as CDs. In fact Indonesia at one time supplied most of the Cassettes to Brunei before Copywrite enforcement was laid down. Still have but not as much. Mostly liscenced from M'sia & SG now.

If anyone sees the CD version of "the blues world of Eric Clapton" 2nd last on top row right, please let me know. LP even better.

Dang you hippie! Did you sport the long curly locks too? laugh.gif Looks like I'm gonna have to dig out my 'treasures' too.

U mean the hair of those guys who sang Sha La la in a different thread? lol.gif

Edited by Mackie

Dang you hippie! Did you sport the long curly locks too? laugh.gif Looks like I'm gonna have to dig out my 'treasures' too.

Only if I can find that picture of me in me teens with the waist long hair just before my NS. biggrin.gif

Dang you hippie! Did you sport the long curly locks too?  laugh.gif Looks like I'm gonna have to dig out my 'treasures' too.

Only if I can find that picture of me in me teens with the waist long hair just before my NS. biggrin.gif

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

Cool! I only went as long as my shoulder. I might have that photo somewhere. That was still around Walkman time.

OMG, all that I've got. 2 children song ones and an ablum.

1 type 2 blank tape. The rest all type 1s. Hm What a collection. biggrin.gif

Oh, my mother has a large collection of old chinese albums.

post-2-1066115409.jpg

Edited by lekguan

I only brought a few down to sg..

I think a lot are left in my house..

post-2-1066116251.jpg