Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

Sure thing I should be able to collect the op-amp tomorrow, thanks for helping me get the op-amp... finally started on my Cmoy today, in fact, just finish soldering all the parts onto the board. Soldering is kinda fun abit like making models, but it sure stinks to high heaven... I think i'm getting abit high on the fumes now... wacko.gif

Edited by kenshinz

Cmoy done liao mellow.gif

but got problem...i'm hearing a "hissing" sound during the quite parts, kind of like its raining outside, also theres a click sound when change track no.gif is it normal?

or can the sound be improved? the music itself sounds ok, need more listening to be sure.

one more thing, i hav not put in the volume control yet, now using the volume control on MP3 player, whats funny to me is that without the amp i listen to it at abt 28 on the player, with the amp i only need to put to 5 and i can hear mellow.gif

post-2-1067527800.jpg

actually, as long as the order is more than 50, they will deliver to your doorstep for free.

my friend confirmed it just now, hope it helps whoever wants to order innocent.gif

I believe the click sound should be normal but the hissing means problem.

Have you connect the input and output to ground?

do u mean the shield of the input and output?

yes, they are short together and connected to ground

Oooo... nice earphones.... wub.gif

Was that on the floor? Certainly hope you cleaned them before you put them back in your ears!

Would like to hear your impressions about The Plug too compared with other earbuds etc.

tongue.gif my floor is clean hammer.gif

the original version of the plug did not sound good & they were had to wear, keeps dropping out.

then i change them to this current sponge, they fit much better, and the isolation is great (ask jason, he tried it before)

i think the isolation really brought out the full potential of this plug, it can hit lows like no other headphones i tried, its one of the main reason for my building the Cmoy, want to see if the cmoy can better the sound, cause it lacks a bit of details, but the lows will make u dizzy w00t.gif

but i'm not sure what sponge they r...ETYs... unsure.gif they cost $2 each

so far it has, at least to me, sound better the the sonys, but i never try the Etys before

Edited by tropicalrips

Come to think of it the do look like ety foamies now that you've mentioned it. Thanks.

jason i think i figure out what the problem was dry.gif

my R2 & R3 were different value blush.gif

created an un-balance in the ground ?

now trying different value for R2/R3, the 4.7K on both seems to hav reduced the hissing, going to try 100k

the list on Tangent site was really confusing, i think Kenshinz might hav the same problem too as he got the same set of components for himself as well laugh.gif , there was only 2 resistor of each value, so i ended up with R2 and R3 different value lol.gif

Hmm.. which R2 & R3 were you refering to ? The resistors I got for both of us were 1K, 10K and 100K respectively. Anyway, looks like my Cmoy wun be done so soon, after almost everything was done, I realised that one of my capacitor suddenly just died.. gotta de-solder and get new caps again hammer.gif sucks..

By the I found quite a nice box at SLT, 3rd Floor (Sunlight Electronics) selling for $2 u might find it abit big for 1 9V, but its just nice for 2 9V batts with the board. Front and back panels are removable too. smile.gif

Jason

For the connection of the center of the 2 battery, can I connect the 2 sides straight to the ground on the board, or do I need to connect the both of them together 1st, then connet another wire from the center to the ground on the board ? Thanks

Edited by kenshinz