Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

A New & Improved Cayin HA-1A

The Cayin has got a improved design - an additional triode + ultralinear switch which was not in the older design - wonder what triode/ultralinear mean???

Intial impression of the new design is quite favorable - better pot control - milkier + more musical.

triode mode usually gives less power but has the so called magic of the great SET amps utilising the famous 300B (other SET amps use 2A3 tubes etc). When using a pentode like EL-34 it can be run like a triode tube (gaining some of the benefits). Purists however pooh-pooh at this.

YMMV

More to the point, will ours get this, does it change the type of tubes that will be used & is there a price difference?

More to the point, will ours get this, does it change the type of tubes that will be used & is there a price difference?

Price - the same, tubes used - the same, 2 x EL84, 1 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AU7. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

oh...looks like it worth the value and would like to have a listen to it, if headphonecrazy is briging it to the next SGH meet smile.gif

haha...i have been hibernated for quite a long time in main forum already tongue.gif

I wonder if there's a change in the inards. Post some images so that we can make comparisons. I believed I have posted a rather detailed look of the insides previously.

HPcrazy, milkier? Do u mean the sound has a smooth and thick texture to it?

I wonder if there's a change in the inards. Post some images so that we can make comparisons. I believed I have posted a rather detailed look of the insides previously.

HPcrazy, milkier? Do u mean the sound has a smooth and thick texture to it?

I've exceeded my load to 60kg this time and have to leave my Cayin & Cyber 30 in China to be ship back via EMS.

I will try to steal some pics from N@z's unit if it is OK with him.

The newer design IMHO definitely has got a better & smoother pot control. biggrin.gif

No worries mate. Perhaps Naz can do the job of posting pictures as I wouldn't want anyone to probe my "mistress" even before I get to embrace "her". lol.gif

It's really satisfying to know at least one Chinese audio manufacturer (Spark) is constantly striving to achieve higher standards of quality.

LOL! You guys!

Headphonecrazy, my apologies for causing your baggage allowance to exceed the limit! I don't mind if you open up mine for the photos as long as the other one for my colleague is left 'virgin'! I also don't mind if you power it up & check that everything is operating ok & give it a whirl with whatever new headphones that you have aquired, for burning in wink.gif Ain't I a nice guy? Just make sure it's MINT hammer.gif !

BTW if it turns out too expensive to have it shipped to Brunei I'll probably leave it with you for the upcoming meet & you guys can have a listen to my amp.

Oh Naz, remember to pick up some tubes at Well Audio, Burlington Square when U're in town. U will need them for tube rolling the Cayin.

Looks like I might have it shipped in after all. Sorry guys!

What other EL84 tubes do they have besides the Ei Yugo & JJ Mackie?

Thanks! That'll come in handy.