Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

A New & Improved Cayin HA-1A

I reckon your cover "rings" when subjected to taps and knocks as I don't see any protective measure against resonance/vibration around the structure.

My Cayin used to have a nice view of the outside world but it's since been relocated to a hifi rack.

Not the latest arrangement but just to give U an idea.

post-2-1071241684.jpg

Edited by Mackie

man i last saw was that the cayin wub.gif is place on the middle !!! laugh.giflaugh.gifhappy.gif

Schweet! How much does a rack like that cost?

I dunno about others but my rack is a Schroers & Schroers Silver Grey Lambda with clear glass shelves and cable management/lighting accessories. I paid $1545 for the whole thingy. It should be cheaper now.

Another tweaking tip..............place a wooden cone or even a piece of wooden chess atop the toroidal transformer's casing (bottom right on picture) and be rewarded with greater lush in vocals. However, this may reduce airiness to some extent but N@Z, it should not be an issue to U since your Cayin is uncovered. Place or remove the tweak according to the genre of music U're playing. It won't become a fire hazard as I've tested for heat and the transformer casing is at worst only lukewarm.

post-2-1071281612.jpg

I dunno about others but my rack is a Schroers & Schroers Silver Grey Lambda with clear glass shelves and cable management/lighting accessories. I paid $1545 for the whole thingy. It should be cheaper now.

I was last quoted S$700 odd.

Mackie,

The placement of your equipments was so different when I last saw it. The Cayin and RKV weren't even on the rack.

Guess it's time for me to pay you a long-overdue visit! laugh.gif

was last quoted S$700 odd.

It costs me $1080 in those days. The lighting system was pegged at $380.

Eeeppp! That's more expensive then some of the gear I own! Lighting system?!

laugh.gif ya mackie showed me the last time when i go over to his house ... it kinda beautiful that all i can say !!! cool happy.gif ... but very expensive !! no.gif

Opps ~ innocent.gif