Sign in to follow this  
Blues

Electrocompaniet EMC-1 CD Player discussion thread

Does anyone play tweaks with your CDP? My EMC1 is supported on BDR cones resting on a BDR 'The Shelve' isolating board which is on top of Goldmund cones. I find this configuration gave me even more depth and weight in the music without too much airiness. Heard Mackie is now a non-believer of tweaks. Is that true?

I have not heard a 24/96 EMC1 before. Anyone who have heard both care to comment? Mackie, have u considered to upgrade the DAC to 24/192 or wanting to perform the 'surgery' yourself?

Excuse me for the very late reply........have been busy with work.

Moir no longer a believer in tweaking? I don't know where U got this info from and I suggest U had better give it low credibility. lol.gif

My EMC-1 sits atop Shun Mook resonators with diamond top and these rest on PureMagic Isolation Platform, which sits on a Sanus power amp rack. I prefer a 1-front, 2 back formation to target the transport and transformers. I've also emphasised this rule of thumb to Fuwen when he asked about my cones layout underneath MF A3CD.

Oh yes, if budget allows, I will go for the 24/192 upsampling and power supply upgrade all at one go. As yet, I'm enjoying the music churned out by the EMC1. Reckon if U've spent so much money on this cdp, I don't reckon U wanna save money and take the risk of damaging the player, do ya? wink.gif

Yea I know I haven't even used a good powercord with the A3cd (using stock now btw  rolleyes.gif )

NT do you believe I am really upgrading to this cdp?

As I've said I just want to know more about this player .. nothing wrong with that I believe?  wink.gif

But as mackie and reccaflame pointed out, I think I should cross the EMC-1 from my checklist due to their seemingly hard partnership with amp/cans. That comes as a relief too since I can save moi money! w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.gif

Blues: U can't blame me for making an ASS of U and ME (assume) cos U always surprise me despite the short time I know U. When I joined this forum in March, I recalled having to convince U source is critical to a good sounding setup when PC was the source for music. 9 months later, U own a completely competent system of MF A3CD + Corda HA-1 + variety of very good cans that finally settled in CD3K. I won't be surprised if U were to springboard to EMC1 or RKV. Agree? party.gif

Edited by Mackie

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

That's true. And killing for my wallet as well wacko.gif urgghh..

Spring for EMC1 or RKV? w00t.gif

That's quite a distant goal ! biggrin.gif

hm.. but oh well.. yeah. as u know me.. and I am always so crazy.. maybe? blink.giftongue.gif

hammer.gif hey bro just remember to give me the A3 .. not sell me !! lol.giflol.gif

Breaking news, someone I know + a follow sgheadphoner just bought the 50 lb monster of a EMC-1 24/192, and it is not me, guess who? wub.gif

Barradio, I guess, he's been looking for a good source for quite a while.

OT abit, ..

Naimed, I am assuming you are a Naim fan(from your name)?  biggrin.gif

Have you heard the Naim CDX or CDS(II?)

I am always very interested to hear the famous Naim PRaT but till now I haven't got the chance to try ..

wonder how they sound  biggrin.gif

Hi Blues,

I guess I shared the same thoughts as you, the source contribute alot to the end music result. Rubbish in rubbish out.

I have heard the CD5 (many times) and the CDX2 (only once, naimed party.gif ).

Until today I can still remember the characteristic of that CDP. If you love groovy, rthythmatic, 'in your face' music presentation you will like the Naim.

While I have also heard the EMC-1 from another good friend (he has sold his EMC-1 and got a Meridian CDP now), my impression is that it a good CDP as well which is more towards toward the warm and slower side, especially good for vocal and Jazzy tune.

Ultimately, It's more of a personal taste. PM me if you are interested to have a listen to a Naim system.

OT,

wishlist, I will pm you if I have the freetime to drop by and listen biggrin.gif

Thanks party.gif

So what's Barradio gonna do with the previous CDP in his office. Feel like buying from him

Sure the Sony XE-930E PM me your offers. biggrin.gif

I agree with wishlist this CDP is toward warm side but it not slow as is unit is up sampled. I am using sliver alloy PCs and sliver IC may speed thing up.

Currently my setup of EMC-1 (24-192K) with Zu Bok power cable and Zu Warmouth IC to the MicroZolt and Grado RS-1 headphone. yes.gif

Edited by Barradio