N@Z

Headphone Sightings

Tatu... guess what Senn headphones they're using.

tatu_senn.jpg

I think the artistes in Singapore Hit Awards 2004 were using Shure e1 (perhaps the PSM). Hopefully not my eyes playing tricks on me.

Saw the preview for the upcoming animated movie "Shark's Tale", Jack black who's doing one of the voices was wearing what appeared to be Beyer DT770.

In the coming "Shark's Tale" movie, MTV has a video of a musical scene by Christina Aguilera called the 'Car Wash'. In the video clip, she sings the song in the studio with the Sony MDR-7506 clearly in view.

I also noticed that one of the leading actresses was using a Beyer can for the voice acting...but i cant remember the model... 931? or 831?

Ooh just remembered the actress...Rene Zellweiger(is that how its spelt?)....as for the cans im not so sure...but i know its the open one with the + design on it. Will smith appeared to be wearing a Koss headphone.

I think will the influx of iPods, Shure ER6i is quite common. Saw quite a few in town, especially from the international students groupies

Ooh my bad...almost all of the cast of 'Sharks Tale' uses DT-770s! In the 'making of' of the story u can see clearly up close the make and model of the cans. I wonder why they would use such bass heavy cans for voice recording?

I think it matters not coz even the Sony V6- which is known to be bass heavy as well, is widely used in recording industry! biggrin.gif

FYI jay chou also uses dt770 for his recording when I saw some of his clips.. don't know if I had mentioned it earlier in this thread tongue.gif

Just saw a guy listening to his Grado SR80 at Coffee Bean @ Great World today. First time I ever saw someone using a decent can on the streets. Means I probably need to get out more.... biggrin.gif

bumping it up.

Saw a pair of grados(couldnt get up close to see model) with yellow senns pads at boon lay mrt.

Heh! time to revive this thread!

Was at a Serangoon Kopitiam when i saw a middle aged guy (mid 40s i guess) with a Zen Xtra and Shure E3cs. I think he saw me doing a double-take. wink.gif

Kopi + E3cs. sounds nice to me!

I've seen SR-325 (the silver ones ohmy.gif ), Sporta-Pros, PX200 (these are EVERYWHERE), KSC-35, KSC-75, E2c, EX81/71 (EVERYWHERE...), B&O A8, HP890 (humongus) Yesterday I saw someone wearing the D11-w Eggos, I was like "dood, that's a rare one".

Other than that, mostly stocks and random streetstyle/clips/full-size junk.

EDIT:

If I can wish, I would like to see people wearing:

A500/900 so I can laugh at them

K1k/Qualias/L3k so I can gawk at them

EW9 so that I can knock them out from the back and steal their phones

lol.gif j/k whistling.gif

EDIT2:

I was thinking, it is highly possible that we saw a few members in real life already. Who else would take a yellow senn pads and fit them onto a grados except people around here... laugh.gif

Edited by Username

there's a EW9 user...i think he's from NUS...and he does wear it out quite often. wink.gif

Occasionally I saw a guy taking bus 97 home wearing AKG phone.

MUST NOT let USERNAME see me with EW9, sure make me sad.....

JK tongue.gif