Northern Oak

my new source!

true lah..

eh.. hold on.. ablaze, I thought you are watercooler seller? you students meh .. keke..

laugh.gif

mackie, pm me how much you are willing to sell it for. How long have you been using it. If the price is right I might still get the cd..

considering I have at least 10 cds in hand right now.. not too bad

10cds? thats not really a collection wink.gif ah well..its a start smile.gif

watercooling reseller..hmm..thats more like extra pocket money man. i make as much as rameish gets from probably one sr60 hehe blush.gif

tongue.gif ooow... so you're still a student? uni? which uni?

lol.. I thought you are working already.. ic ic..keke

yeah.. not alot.. but. hm.. it's ok to start off..

maybe I can go down to computer garage and music section at hwz and see if anyone's selling their cds.. hohoh.. it will usually be cheap.. half price

Guyferd, so you are settling down with Mackie's CD6000OSE? It's about time to build your CD collection. I suggest that you try out www.xtremeplace.com as well.

Ablaze, are you sure you are a poor student? Driving around everytime I meet you, buying and changing equipments like nobody's business, you SURE that you're a student? BTW, how's your progress of tube-rolling youe EMP? I guess I must've missed it.

I think I am settling with marantz..

no choice man.. poor student.. I can't possibly ask my father to buy such an expensive audio eqp for me. anyway mackie, so how much are you selling them?

ya lor ablaze, i'm very interested to know how you manage to buy and sell so many stuff and yet be a student! got credit card somemore.

ya lor ablaze, i'm very interested to know how you manage to buy and sell so many stuff and yet be a student! got credit card somemore.

I'm interested to know too....i'm a student too! holiday.gif

Ablaze,

If you knly knew what I get from an SR-60 sale, you'll wonder why I do it. Opening every model from the SR-60 to the SR-325 (okay the 60's were mine and so are the RS-1). To just recoer the cost of the demo units is going to take all year.

sheez. so much enquiries into my personal life rolleyes.gif anyway, car's not mine lah. parents' car, usually if I have to go anywhere far, i'll try to arrange to go when my parents' are back from work and don't need the car mah. and my stuff..eh you all don't realise most of it's bought at a super bargain 2nd hand price? and well..years of allowance, amounts to enough to buy some crap. I'm not 18 yknow wink.gif

oh, its a DEBIT card lah! where I got credit card blush.gif

Gees..... I am old. no.gif

I thought ablaze is my senior! blink.gifbiggrin.gif

Guyferd:

Pls check PM. Hey, don't hang your head in discontent or shame in getting a Marantz. The cd6000 ose is similar to its predecessor CD63 and has lots of potential in components upgrade to make it sound better. For the price below $700, it's a cdp which offers great value for money. Before the arrival of my high-end cdp MF A3CD, the 6000ose used to partner my main audio system. Of course, there're flaws but good enough to hold fort till the arrival of the MF.

The 6000ose has good warmth which most cheaper cdps tend to lack. This is a plus if U listen to vocals a lot. There's also good pace and drive on the bass and only the highs are a tad sharp. If your system lacks the wee bit of extension on the highs and U're using tube gears, this nature will inject some life and clarity to the overall sound.

If U're getting this cdp, enjoy it first and later, I will introduce some cheap tweaks to improve the sound quality further. Your jaws will drop like N. Oak!

My CD6000ose

user posted image

Edited by Mackie

... I'm not 18 yknow wink.gif

So huh.gif how old are you anyway?

a lil older than that.

ok lah..shall we stop talking about ablaze and resume talking about headphones? this isn't SGablaze yknow biggrin.gif