tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Not really a ;digital camera'.. just my Mitsubishi M900 hp.. but I guess this fits as well? blush.gif

Wow, your mobile camera is very good yes.gif

not D70 here, just my C8080 smile.gif a shot of my new speakers, Tannoy MX2M now discon. model stock clearence from Hung Bros tongue.gif

Waiting for your review Tropical tongue.gif

OT: looks good.. how much u got it for? yes.gif

bpribadi: thx happy.gif

Edited by Blues

Seriously, the Mit 900 shots looks good. I reckon it kick the SE s700 @ss.

Blues, how is the 'nightmode' on the Mit? SE produce terrible(inexistence) pic with 'nightmode'.

Quite a few shutterbugs in SGH eh

One more thing to note, with the reversed 50mm lens... you get the equivalent of +25 close up filter.. however, you have very little working distance...meaning you have to get very much in your face with your subject tongue.gif

It just dawned on me, will that converter have an F mount on one side & a 52mm thread on the other (say for connecting to the 50mm f1.8)? Or both will be male threaded?

augustine: erm didn't have much time to compare with a SE S700i but the general consensus I found in HWZ is that the Mit M900 produces slightly better pictures than the SE. That's already quite marvellous given the much lower pricing.For nightshots it will be quite noisy , but when taken at 2mp and resized to say 400x300 the noise is very much acceptable. At 500(2 yr plan) it's easily the best buy in the market now. The similarly priced nokias/samsung perform much worse esp in screen dept, camera, and the 'entertainment' features(mp3s, poly ringtone etc).

For discussions concerning Camera Phone please post in this thread:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2252&st=0

went to a frens shop in SLS to try out the Olympus E300 just now smile.gif

first impression...its a small camera for a DSLR, i had try a few times to see where to place my left hand, the grip although comfy, also feels small when compared to D70 or E1

the lack of a second LCD display and dial makes the menu a little confusing, all the buttons are also shortcuts to camera settings.

things i like on the E300 smile.gif :

not as heavy as E1

fast AF (even in low light)

nice shutter feel

fast write speed to CF

i took a few shots with my own CF card, the camera write speed was faster then my C8080, even with the noise reduction on

noise level was not as high as i thought, even with ISO set to 400 & 800

below is one of the better shot taken after work in SLS, no flash, manual mode ISO 400(i think) NR on, kit lens

i think the picture was ok considering this was the first time i'm using the E300

tongue.gif

post-4-1107527264.jpg

Was the person aware that u were taking his picture? blink.gifwacko.gif

Sometimes I want to snap the kids nearby my house... all very cute playing downstairs but I am afraid that their parents would come after me no.gif

yes smile.gif he works in the camera shop laugh.gif i think he was counting how much he made today laugh.gif

here's another shot, not as good, the NR was turned off, he's one half boss of the shop happy.gif

post-4-1107528329.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

'closing shop' lolx.. laugh.gif

NR - noise reduction? how does it work? is it like reducing the noise when u push up the ISo to >1000 .. sorry newbie here blush.gif .. pretty kewl!

Hungry... but .. don't want to eat this again.. bad for health lol.giflol.gif

user posted image

'closing shop' lolx.. laugh.gif

NR - noise reduction? how does it work? is it like reducing the noise when u push up the ISo to >1000 .. sorry newbie here blush.gif .. pretty kewl!

yes NR = noise reduction

u can use it when pushing up the ISO or for long exposure night shots, on Olympus cameras i think they do a kind of layering onto the picture to reduce the noise in the shots

the draw back is that it takes longer for the camera to write to the card with NR on, the file size also almost doubles

wow...u guys sure have been busy taking pics.

N@Z, the BR-2A reversing lens adapter is a 62mm-62mm threadsize so it wont actually fit the kit lens so i guess bpribadi's suggestion would work. VR is really quite a lot of money so u might wanna think about how much u really need it? I think u should hold on to yer kit lenses a while longer till u really outgrow it.

Blues, Crumpler has never been cheap but u DO get your money's worth. Best bags i have ever used. They were built to last and have taken quite possibly a lot of torture from me. I have never regretted shelling out the cash to get their bags. Excellent!

Tropicalrips, i think the E300 is quite a good performer and that the noise that most people talk about it is quite overrated. Nuthing a little software noise reduction program like 'Noise Ninja' cant solve as long as u dont enable the in-camera noise reduction algorithm. The only thing is that i think that olympus needs to extend their range of lenses. Quite a nifty lil piece of program.

Btw, N@Z and Blues, do u encounter any moire problem with your d70s?