Northern Oak

SG Headphones Meet

If it is on the 28th, I will be able to bring the following

X-cans v2 modded by pinkfloyd,

X-feed,

Equinox for HD600,

2 pairs of Chord Chorus interconnects.

The Sudgen and the NAD 541i would not be able to make it as it is being shipped form UK

Why don't you go ahead 1st I can't make it as it involves too much arrangements for what is practically a short trip. I'd prefer to go on a proper holiday no rush with time for the Meet, rest & relaxation, going out with the guys, shopping...

I think we have a car less problem here LOL.

I just spoke to Pipee and said if my wife was free I'll bring some CDPs (I have 2 Rotel RCD-971 and 1 Marantz CD-6000 OSE). But all that depends on a car as I'm bringing the Corda HA-1, Porta Corda II and some Grados.

I suggest any sales be done outside/after the Meet as that could be a distraction.

rs-1 , hp-1 and sr-325 are a must rameish!!

lol!!! jk..!! lol.gifw00t.gif

Edited by Guyferd

That goes without saying Guy! Then there's those Staxes!

Guy and N@Z,

Basically you guys want me to bring everthing! I need a mini-van.

What I was thinking is let's say Guy brought the Marantz then we have 2 matantz and people can compare the stock X-Cans vs the modded X-Cans. Or say a Gilmore (when it arrives) with a Corda HA-2. Then I have 2 rotels and people can compare say a Creek OBH 11SE (tings) with say a Corda HA-1. That way we're focusing on system synergy - somthing that not too much thought is put into. Imagine hooking up a Rotel (detailed and a bit bright) with an X-Cans and a Grado SR-325. Everone will be screaming - then some will balme the x-cans, others the Grado and some the rotel. (depending who owns what) LOL. Crazy but true.

lol! good idea

but I don't think anyone's gonna fetch me

muahaha.. but I agree on the rotel part. Since you have 2 identical rotel cdp, the amp/headphones can be easily distinguished/reviewed.

and yes.. on the synergy part.. I guess most will blame the sr-325 as they have the reputation for being bright. not realising it's all in the chain lol.giflol.gif

Still, I will be very interested to hear the ha-2 hooked to the rs-1 !! wow combo in heaven! well.. maybe not, coz by doing so I am exposing myself to the dark side once again unsure.gif

hehe

Imagine you decide the DT880 is not good enough for you once you tried out the RS-1 naughty.gif

Sounds like its going to be a fun gathering. About 3 more weeks to go?

N@Z, matbon0013,

Singapore Airlines currently has a promotion from 9 Jun onwards called Fabulous Offers which offers a 50% discount for the first 15,000 bookings worldwide and it includes a 2 nights hotel stay in Singapore, airport transfers and admission to a key tourist attraction.

hint hint whistling.gif

You know the "real" tourist attraction don't you? laugh.gif

N@z.. nah.. rs-1 will be a step up in the future

not anytime soon smile.gif