fuwen

iPod Shuffle

Do U mean there's a software update? If so, is it available on the Apple website? Please elaborate, thanks.

Yep! It's available on Apple's website, but after using it, I STRONGLY advise against updating... it messed up the 'shuffle' and 'play by order' modes. It sometimes shuffles the songs while I put it in 'play by order' and sometimes play by order when it's in 'shuffle'... Something of concern to me cause I group songs from the same artistes together in my playlist...

The clicks and hiss gets reduced greatly though... gotta justify whether these sonic advantages will be more important than the playlist screw up. dry.gif

BTW, the iPod download webby: http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

Yes, there is a software update on the apple website. For both the ipod n ipod shuffle, don't know whether there is a software update for ipod mini though. wink.gif

Heard the shuffle 1g version, curtesy of my bro-in-law with the default cans. Felt that a better headphone would do wonder for the sound. But apparently, he is satisfied with the default ones. Well, to each his own, I guess. Actually wanted to recommend the e3c to him, but refrain from doing so.

Edited by RonTheMan

Received my shuffle battery pack yesterday evening, way ahead of the delivery time as promised by Apple which is 6th April. Actual thing quite cool looking. Will post some pictures once I can find time take some photos of it.

However instruction mentioned to use AAA alkaline battery only. My original intention was to use rechargable AAAs.

I doubt the Shuffle has better sound than the daddy iPods... even the iPod minis, when they came out, got reviewed as having slightly poorer sound reproduction than the iPods.

have a look at this article for an idea why an iPod actually sounds better than some of the other MP3 players out there.

Hmmm... Sim WH's comments about the Shuffle when it was launched are more political than anything else I think. He's annouced a while ago that he wants to take down the iPod... so he can't very well be singing praises about a member of the iPod family now.

He REALLY does need to get his act together with regards to the industrial design of his products. FUGLY is an understatement. And maybe , just maybe, he also ought to look at trimming his product range. I was at the IT Show yesterday, and Creative had a HUGE booth. But there were so many devices and components, I got turned around. From speakers, to headphones, to so many other things... wah lau! Focus, Mr Sim... focus!!! In your organisation, there are product managers who are sweating bricks every day wondering how to sell more of their generic audio products that are fighting for a slice of the consumer market. Variety isn't the way to be top dog. Quality is. *sigh*

As a patriotic Singaporean, I really would like to see a top-notch audio device like an MP3 player originate from Singapore. Something to put us on the map, like an iPod... but not with fugly designs... Creative really ought to launch a new flagship model that's so sexy looking it'll kill the iPod. (sacrilege from an Apple fan)

FYI, iPod Shuffle use Sigmatel STMP3550, so that translate the sound quality about the same as Creative MuVo series.

And of coz, who ever thought that iPod Shuffle sound quality is better than iPod 4G, it is just happened that the sound suit their taste better, not the sound quality is better.

The truth is, Creative Zen Micro has a better sound quality.

Among the MP3 market in terms of sound quality, creative stood the best, Iriver 2nd and Ipod third. Ipod became no. 1 in sales is due to easy use and small form factor (during that period). Creative maybe the first one to make a harddisk base mp3 player but look at the size then. Big, fat and ugly.

From business point of view. Steve Job is a better entrepreneur than Sim. Steve know the market by his finger tips, he knows what our next generation wants and he gives. Of course Sim would not let him go.

With the help of another anti Apple, Bill Gate from Microsoft. 2 of them combine may very well make Apple lose ground.

I just got to know recently that Creative just change their company mission. Now their primary focus is portable market. Speaker, hp, soundcard... will have less expenditure. Creative won't cut their product range yet because everyone of them are earning Sim money.

seriously i wonder wad kind of designers are working for mr sim, they should reli get their sh*t together and design something really nice for once.

The Zen Micro is pretty sleek and cute, which might be the reason it has been more successful than previous creative models. Hopefully creative can build on the success of the micro and come up with even better products.

eh don't laugh! if those come here I want one! LOL!!! Got voice recorder some more!!! And the best part, uses the Shuffle formfactor so I can accessorise it!!! WOOT!!

Edited by quasimodo

I finally got one! And I'm loving it!  biggrin.gif

You got a Super Shuffle? Where from???

Sorry, not super shuffle, just an ordinary 512mb one. My very first MP3 player ever! Compact, convienient and the itunes software is a breeze to use. Sound quality is suprisingly good too. Great for the office and everywhere else. Goodbye chunky discman. happy.gif

Edited by av98m

Sorry, not super shuffle, just an ordinary 512mb one. My very first MP3 player ever! Compact, convienient and the itunes software is a breeze to use. Sound quality is suprisingly good too. Great for the office and everywhere else. Goodbye chunky discman. 

Hi! av98m, are u using it with a portable amp? A portable amp and a good headphone/earphone will do more justice to Shuffle sound quality.