adhoc

organise an amp power buy?

as title..

also, anyone have any idea on what would be a good amp match for the dt880s?

i've heard feedback that the dt880s are a little on the bright side, so maybe the 'warm' sound of a tube setup would go well with it?

and oh, a little off topic, but does anyone know where to get EMPs CHEAP(er) in singapore?

Good idea lets lobby Ramiesh for a PreHead each! LOL! But seriously though this is a good idea however there are very few mass market headphone amps available which might prove to be a little trickier this time.

It seems like the Emmeline HR-2 has quite a rave review. Quite keen to get my hands on that amp. Hmmm I wonder if it is possible to drop Ray an e-mail and request him to send over a demo of the HR-2 for us to review during the coming meet. Anyone interested? We could share the shipping costs.

http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/new.html

Edited by lengcm

adhoc, as far as I can remember, the dt880 is very neutral and flat, it doesn't sound bright , nor dark.

It's a pleasant can

What did you use it with Guy? Source, amp, cables?

lengcm, then maybe we could 'lose' it in transit back to them.. hehehehehehe

and Guyferd, gosh man, all this talk abt my coming cans has got me all excited liao.. hehehehehhe party.gifparty.gifparty.gif

really cant wait for it. i remember so long ago when i first tried it in hung bros i told myself, yes, i want this.. w00t.gif

I remembered I tried it in rameish's house with marantz cd6000OSE, creek obh-11se and cable? not sure

but that's pretty much it.

Even heard it at mackie's place. pioneer cdp and xcan-v1 I think. monster cable 300mkii

I don't remember hearing any brightness.

I don't think DT880 is bright sounding. The brightness encountered may be from the system chain. Be wary that these cans are pretty revealing and if U were to put a rat instead of a mouse in the system, it will tell U so. (figure of speech...) yes.gif

Beyer DT-880 bright?? No way. It must be the source and amp. The DT-880 belongs in the dark side of the Beyer family. That is with the DT-250, DT-990. While the bright side of the Beyer family are the DT-831 and DT-931 (will know for sure a smy Beyer DT-931 arrives from Jan Meier soon).That's right. I still an audio enthusiast and since this is the only Beyer I have not listed to, I said it is my duty LOL (wife always looks skywards to as for patience when I do that).

Let's see my personal collection of headphones: Grado RS-1, Grado HP-1, Beyer DT-831, Beyer DT-931, Philips HP-910, Philips HP-890, And I guess I'll need a HD-600 since Pipee wants his back and doesn't want to sell.

Rameish,

Why would you want a Senn HD600 for? You obviously preferred the Grados. Unless you need the Senn in order to sell more Grados. LOL.

Actually I don't mind a 1:1 swap for a PreHead. lol.gif

Edited by pipee

Cool, that's enthusiasm for you! Plenty of used HD600 at Head-Fi For sale forum with upgraded cables even. I just need the cables! If you can get Duncan or Bangraman to send you over a brand new set from Askdirect.com even better, Sterling Pounds 120 only excl shipping.

How would you categorise the sound of the 7506 compared with the cans you mentioned above? Is pipee's HD600 on stock or upgraded cables?

EMP power buy Rameish? yes.gif

Yup, my DT880 is not bright at all.

As for amp, quite happy with it running off the meta42(BB OPA637).

I guess some opinonated people at head-fi will find the DT880 bright and they wouldn't flinch at enforcing that idea upon you. That's why I find it a bore reading posts over there.

yeah.. some people just like to act like a smart @ss down there.And some very 'xialan' people who owns high eqmt gear and keep forcing you to agree with them, or kinda make you 'small' when they start bragging.

I don't really frequent that place nowadays.. just drop by to see around, perhaps.

I prefer this place!!! hohooh ,.. and HWZ tongue.gif