wil

Mini DAP, Portable set-ups Meet

annapurnas is the h320

Mine is the 340. About 2 wks since I bought it and I've ripped almost 2000 songs mostly on WMA at 192. Too lazy to use OGG as it takes too long on my old computer.

As for my EW9, it is probably less than 30 hrs. Any ideal how long it takes belong runnin in?

The meet was a success and thanks to Martin for organising it. Learnt a lot from all the regular forummers especially fun trying out the various headsets and portable amps.

Would like to add, Lekguan's KSC-35 really astouded me.

It should be MUCH MUCH more expensive! haha.

oh well...too bad it's no longer in production.

You can actually get a Canare F-12 mini plug though I don't know if it will be too big for you. I have used it before and the build is really solid. Though its not gold plated, it actually doesn't oxidise (unlike most gold plated ones which u can actually see oxidation starting to accumulate after some time), and should be better than most gold-plated mini plugs. You can get it from LHS Electronics from SLT lv2.

As for EW9 running in, usually we give most headphones (earbuds excluded) a running in of 3-4 days (i.e. approx 80-100 hrs).

Thanks to Wil for organising. I merely bugged everyone to come. biggrin.gif Eventhough not many turned up, we sure had a good time eh.

Jasonhanjk>>>Shure E5c or Etymotic ER-4s? There's a ton to debate about this two canalphones. What is your take on music?

Annapura>>>You really should get a decent audio ripper. Any luck with the Jetaudio?

Fongalv>>>Well, in japan it's definitely cheaper, but you might want to consider the local warranty for it's worth. Unlike headphones/earphones, DAPs are a little trickier. Let me know how I can help.

hi there...i went round sls today in search of a similiar cable u show us the other day but was unable to find any shop that has the kind of 3.5mm connectors on yours...

The shop is "Avit Link Pte Ltd" located at #02-66 at Sim Lim Square. The cable used is Supra cable which is made in Sweden.

unfortunately, no pics.....everyone bought audio stuff, no cameras lol...

hm....the ER4-s are sweet. *hint*hint* esp. to u martin LOL.

although my ears are still not used to it i think.

Used for ard 2 hrs today and my left canal hurts alittle, esp after i went for a jog.

Is this common? i understand that one must pull the ear lobe before allowing the tri-flanges to be pushed in, is this the case with the foamies as well? wink.gif

Ah!!! I missed all the fun!! sad2.gif Had a stupid test on that day and was shacked out afterwards..my god..

Me flunking the test didn't make it any better....

Edited by mairltk

unfortunately, no pics.....everyone bought audio stuff, no cameras lol...

hm....the ER4-s are sweet. *hint*hint* esp. to u martin LOL.

although my ears are still not used to it i think.

Used for ard 2 hrs today and my left canal hurts alittle, esp after i went for a jog.

Is this common? i understand that one must pull the ear lobe before allowing the tri-flanges to be pushed in, is this the case with the foamies as well? wink.gif

I wouldn't jog with those on man, esp since I do not want to get run over by cars, bicycles, people, etc from behind. All that sweat will also ensure you use up the tips and filters at a faster rate! tongue.gif

The interesting thing is, when I first got my etys, I did the pull the earlobe contort the face thingy. As time went by and I got more used to them I can now actually insert them like normal earplugs and still get a good seal. Thats even after changing new tips. My brain has also learnt to filter out any microphonics when I walk with them. wink.gif

hmmm....

Hahha. wait a min. i think i put myself across here wrongly.

I didnt jog with my ER-4s! god no! i wouldnt dare do that.

I meant after using the ER4s, i went for a jog, was jogging along wif my crap Ipod earbuds ( only one i mind destroying! ) hahaha.

Actually, i just found out today that the foams are much more comfy, but the microphonics are quite bad...haha.. gonna use the clip that comes along with it.

Edited by wil