matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

user posted image

Bill Evans Trio - Waltz For Debby XRCD

user posted image

Bill Evans Trio- Sunday At The Village Vanguard

Both of them are amazing recordings. Even the little noises like coughing is captured vividly. Next time if you are at a live recording, don't cough so loudly!!

Edited by evil-zen

To me, this has gotta be the best album I've bought all year. Although it was recorded a decade ago, the JVC-Victor Digital K2 mastering is so fantastically evolving, clear and insightful that it puts some of the present day's 24/192 recordings to shame.

Yoko Hasegawa ain't no Jacqueline Du Pre but her skills are excellent and there are occasions when she actually shared the same exuberance of the latter.

It certainly raised the attention of shoppers at New Disc Village when I auditioned the cd. It cost less than S$20.

user posted image

Program list

◆1.Zoltan Kodaly/Sonata for Cello Solo Op.8

◆2.Henri Dutilleux/3 Strophes Sur Le Nom De Sacher

◆3.Sergei Prokofiev/Sonata for Cello Solo in F Sharp Minor Op.133

Edited by Mackie

user posted image

user posted image

Just discovered this...quite in love with this. 'Getz/Gilberto' and another one thats caught my attention is 'Coltrane for lovers'.

my first real post in this part of the forum tongue.gif

on the right : Beautiful Asia

on the left : Asia Louge

the right album is a kind of fusion music with traditional chinese instruments + electronic sampling/mixing

the left album is like new-age/zen/lounge/pop/bits-of-techno rojak thingy mix with an asian feel to the music tongue.gif sounds good, relaxing & refreshing sound

post-11-1105200668.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

Pretty much everything on the new mediacorp radio Lush 99.5fm...u all should give it a try! party.gif

user posted image

rhythm light rock.. the lyrics are very poetic and the tunes are catchy headphone.gifheadphone.gif

been listening to it straight for 2 weeks and never got tired biggrin.gif

I'm not really into Chinese songs and less so in rock music but I must say this Taiwanese band just blew me away.

It's the latest 2-disc compilation set given to me by my sis. Heard it thru my portable system on the train and listened to it again thru my bedside system. Aha! Grado SR80 is automatically my pick for this genre amongst my headphones collection. I discovered it was mastered in the US and reason why I bothered to look was because of its sound. It has none of the usual *ahems* with pop recordings. Very clear guitar riffs and airy sound while vocals were never lost during LOUD passages or sound congested. Lots of rock ballads to slow things down, certainly a respite from the fast and energetic tracks which I too loved! Highly recommended to those who are like me, a person who aint a seasoned rock fan but yet enjoy rock music to a certain degree.

Band: Shin 信樂團

Album: Tiao Shin 挑信

Label: Avex Trax

user posted image

Edited by Mackie

user posted image

My favourite album just got remastered. So far, I actually prefer the original version as the vocals are more real and warm even though the instruments are less clear. In the original release the track 'So Real' replaced 'Forget Her' at the very last minute. For the first time, 'Forget Her' is released in the 2nd disc of bonus tracks. Now this track is a gem!

Alison Krauss + Union Station - Lonely Runs Both Ways

Alison and her band come up with another winner. headphone.gif

post-11-1105795812.jpg

Edited by av98m