matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

steve vai- one of the best guitarists alive right now, along with joe satriani, slash from guns and roses, eric clapton, eric johnson, jeff beck

this 2 are his finest works in my opinion - fire garden and passion and warfare

user posted image

user posted image

eric clapton - no one alive can play as soulful as him, apart from jimi hendrix whos long dead

clapton chronicles

user posted image

the cream of clapton

user posted image

Sissel - her voice can rival that of sarah brightman imo, bought her latest cd, very very very nice cd with loads of soothin tracks, she released 2 tracks especially for a japanese drama called "summer snow", the 2 tracks are called "summer snow" and "seven angels" those 2 are reli reli reli very nice.

sissel - my heart

user posted image

eric johnson - blues rooted guitar player, the totally awesome debut album dat shot him to fame, ah via musicom contains alot of soothin love songs and guitar instrumentals

eric johnson - ah via musicom

user posted image

Edited by papaya86

After a brief hiatus, im back! biggrin.gif

Currently listening to alot of heavy stuff....(anyone share the same tastes as me? )

Atreyu - The curse

user posted image

The Dillinger escape plan - Miss Machine

user posted image

Minus - Halldor Laxness ( Crazy Icelandic rock )

user posted image

Jimmy Eat World - Futures ( not as heavy...Melodic and has brilliant song writing IMHO )

user posted image

Enough music to make one go dizzy.....haha...

Cheers! wil

Just bought these two CDs & listening to them back to back:

Six Pence None The Richer - Divine Discontent

user posted image

A little dissapointed with this album. I bought it for track no.4 Don't dream it's over (made popular by Crowded house) This is a brilliant song. Sadly the rest of the album is average only. There are a few other notable songs but nothing that stands out porbably until after I give it a few more spins.

Maroon5 - Songs about Jane

Outer cover:

user posted image

Inner Sleeve:

user posted image

Brilliant album. I love nearly all of the songs. The whole album is catchy. Rock music with a blend of funky blues. A few slower tempo songs with a soulful vibe to it too.

user posted image

Penny Dai - So Penny

*image courtery of yes-asia.com tongue.gif

user posted image

Joss Stone - Mind, Body & Soul

Lovely album and Joss Stone has really improved and come into her own in this album.

user posted image

Gigi - Brownies

first track 'bisa saja' is my favourite party.gif .. extremely catchy..

Some classics in the 1970s

user posted image

In breaking away from the established rock and traditional lyrics, Jarre introduced an original approach to music, the creation of soundscape , or musical landscape. A strictly classical direction had never appealed to him, nor did a system of musical experiment devoid of all emotion. Thus an entirely new realm of acoustic sounds, which could legitimately be utilized within music, evolved

Oxygene is the song of the air - a mixture of sounds, muted or sharp, fast or slow, bath in a mystic landscape where their spatial position is of vital importance. It is the sound of true musical and technical invention.

user posted image

Mike Oldfields - Tubular Bells

Ah.............This is music at its purest, much akin to early music in the classical era when there's only a lute to accompany a voice. In this case, it's a piano. Such transparency and purity in the recording and performance. The late Norwegian singer Radka Toneff sang in a much feminine and yet vulnerable voice while Steve Dobrogosz played the piano with grace and power when required upon. Any audiophile would be delighted by this recording which provides a clear and deep insight on the piano's sound, both outward and inward.

user posted image

The Ten Tenors - Larger than Life

user posted image

Very good album. Last 2 copies in Singapore left in Sembwang Music (Century Square) and Music Junction (Jurong Point). Don't bother trying the other outlets or HMV or Tower Records. No one else has it. Had a hard time sourcing out the copy for av98m. Heh..

Sum41 - Chuck

user posted image

Greenday - American Idiot

user posted image

Hi! Just got my copy of The Ten Tenors but is at Sembawang Music (Jurong Point). I forgot about Music Junction (JP) and went straight into Sembawang Music and apparently my luck is good! smile.gif