matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

Brilliant Mackie, how's the rest of the album compared with the hit releases?

Gees..........every single track is a hit to me. It's one of the few recent albums that sound so good and balanced. Music reminds me of Liverpool and the band Suede with greater melody hook. Recording is pretty good too and this is a major compliment as standards are usually left wanting in this category.

Excellent, this is going on my CD shopping list.

Local singer Joi Tsai - Sunrise

Smooth and fluttery voice; mostly ballads with a couple of mid-tempo tracks. Fine instrumental arrangement and recording. Btw, Music Junction sells this cd S$1 cheaper than Gramophone and CDRama at S$17.90.

user posted image

Edited by Mackie

FINALLY found this out of print Miriam Yeung EP after nearly a year of frustration(gawd the local CD shops really stink). happy.gif

Miriam Yeung - Kiss Me Soft Play It Loud 2x EP

contains the theme song for that really good TVB drama "A taste of love "

post-11-1096536759.jpg

Edited by av98m

Zhang Zhen Yue - Secret Headquarters (1998)

Finally got hold of it today from yahoo auction.. :X

The best album by this taiwanese rocker.. needless to say the most infectious song is 'fen shou ba'

the basslines and dynamics really come to live playing it through the headphone system headphone.gif .. compared to the ones I've been listening religiously to (my lappy mp3s blush.gif ) .. lol.gif

If your speakers system suffer from boom owing to room modes, stay away from these albums.

Superbass/Superbass 2 (recorded live at Blue Note, NYC) - Ray Brown, John Clayton & Christian McBride - Double bass x 3!!!

user posted image

user posted image

While on my quest to expand my Ray Brown collection, I chanced upon this 2-disc album comprising of "Red Hot Trio" and "Bam Bam Bam". The latter was recorded in front of an audience of 2000 in a large auditorium during 1989 Concord Jazz Festival. This is the first time I heard a jazz performance in a large space and the hall's acoustic is simply marvellous and refreshing; definitely a change from the usual smaller but warmer jazz club recordings.

user posted image

http://www.musicweb.uk.net/jazz/2003/May03..._Brown_Trio.htm

Mackie, should the SGH meet bear fruit, you must bring along some of these wonderful CDs.

N@Z, sure matey. Further to the "Bam Bam Bam" recording, Gene Harris' rendition of Summertime will set your mouth agape the way he worked the ivory keys. No kidding!

Edited by Mackie

Opus 3 - Test CD4.1

post-11-1097381499.gif