Sign in to follow this  
lypk

Next meet..

Just wondering... when (is/do you think) the next sgheadphones meet will be? I would personally really like to test out some headphones and of course amps laugh.gif ... just that im in camp most of the time right now... haiz.. no time and money to really pursue this hobby.. (NS is such a waste of time hammer.gif ) .. so i guess the best i could do is to audition more headphones and systems whenever there is a chance.. happy.gif

Appoint yourself the organiser and post a thread. I'm sure there will be a good enough response. That way your effort at organising will reap the dividends of listening to several headphones/amps/CDPs etc.

On a side note, while I felt the same way about National Service back in 1981 I feel there is a need for Singaporeans esp since most of us have no choice but to live with our parents long after our 18th birthday. I know of people in their early 30s that still live with their parents. They dont cook, clean the home/room. do laundry or go grocery shopping. Take it as enforced growing up. I hope mommy isnt doing your ironing and washing still :-) It was only after National Service that I was truly cut off from my mother's apron strings. Living on my own doing laundry, groceries and keeping the home clean. I even had time to keep a pet and still listen to music. Had parties almost every week as well.

So look at National Service as a first step to your independence.

Hear, hear, Rameish. Good one. I also learned to iron my uniform better than my mother. In those days, the uniform had to be starched till stiff and my mom could never understand why it had to be so stiff. Wise mother. biggrin.gif

Anyway, doing NS is what defines us as a male Singaporean.

erm.. ppoint is, im not singaporean ;P b4 NS, i DO do my own housework, cook sometimes.. blah blah.. just that its alot stricter now.. haiz.. sometimes i think that our sargs tekan us for the sake of it..

True, lypk, when I was in NSF, it wasn't fun. But it was fun for the last 5 or so in-camps (did 10 in-camps) when I caught up with my kawans and the officers don't bother us cos we know our jobs. Now I ROD reservist, don't even have to report when travelling overseas, I do miss the camaderie of the army. So enjoy it while you can.

biggrin.gif

U laa Boss!

U laa Boss!

No way Naz... I have organized 2 meets and was quite a hassle. Why don't you have a go at it this time?

Sure if you guys a coming over here.

Hi guys, I have spoken to Anything Audio, 4th Parklane Shopping Center, and they are receptive to my idea of holding our meet there. Although not lacking in power points, the only problem is tables and chairs which most likely we have to rent if those who are interested in the meet wish to set up their systems there for all to audition.

As such, I will need a show of hands from those who wish to attend and what are the choice dates. Since the shop is not open for business on Sunday, I suggest holding a meet on this day. If we have good attendance, most likely every participant has to pay a small fee for rental of furnitures. Another bit of good news is Anything Audio may offer some of its products at special prices to participants who wish to buy their stuff during the meet.

Yowza!!! After 1st Oct please. There's plenty space in the corridor outside, if we don't make trouble for the other people around. I am hoping I am free on the chosen date. I will bring my Pimeta and the 74HCU04 amps. And CMOY2 too.

Good job mackie! And thanks to Albert (Anything Audio).

I will be free to help if u need me to do any heavy lifting since my holidays will start next week.

I'm definitely in too laugh.gif However, my NS leave ends next sun (18/9) , so would be great if the meet can be held within these 2 weeks laugh.gif If not, i probably won't have the spare time/leave to fork out for the rest of.. erm.. at least half a year (Or more)?? NS hammer.gif

PS.. if all else fails.. i just wanna at least get a chance to audition a pair of Senn hd580/600/650.. sad2.gif

Edited by lypk