Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

OK 'fess up - who's decided on what to buy next

biggrin.gif

for me, the Gilmore V2 was really nice. alas..reliability issues + the price currently's holding me back unfortunately sleep.gif

felt that i'm really under utilising my SR60 with my current mini-hifi setup, after using it on the various setups today

maybe will get something like marantz cd4000

but then what amp and interconnects for this beginner CDP?

hehe i am thinking of getting the beyer 880s and selling my 2 big headphones.

i tried the amp again at home and hum was indeed there with the sony 888s but in much lesser amt than the cd3000. hum not present with others. seems like your headphones are really sensitive to such issues.

evo, wait for the 'pros' like Rameish to come in to give advice.

zen,

yeah. donno if thats a good thing dry.gif guess they're just really efficient..Mackie's only got 2 left, so you might wanna hurry biggrin.gif

hehe happy.gif .. for me..

thankfully the meet is not so evil hehe tongue.gif

I have decided that I am very happy with the 880, and my current setup. Time to stop thinking about equipment and just enjoy the music.

I didn't really try the gilmore though... was too crowded just now tongue.gif

i'm on a lookout for an amp.

didnt really find what i like.(maybe i didnt listen enough)

except for one, Barradio's tube amp.

it was really nice.

the Gilmore is nice too

I think the meet is more just for casual listening and to test one another's cans or system

It's not possible to decide or compare 2 cans side by side.. really.. it was too noisy. morever I was using dt880.. open cans.. hammer.gifhammer.gif

felt that i'm really under utilising my SR60 with my current mini-hifi setup, after using it on the various setups today

maybe will get something like marantz cd4000

but then what amp and interconnects for this beginner CDP?

No expert here but a cd4000 will be a good start unless your budget can stretch a bit more. This cdp is retailed below $200 and latest sources have mentioned the 4000/5000 are being phased out and so stocks are limited. Let us know of your budget and we can discuss further openly.

IC wise, it depends on your music preference and the kinda sound U prefer. I'm sure some of us have spare interconnects and are willing to sell them if interests are shown. Alternatively, look at some of the DIY favourites like Belden and Klotz which should cost below $50. Also, don't forsake the need of a decent power cord as stock cords rarely sound good. For a start, a 1m Belden 19364 terminated with Shurter IEC and MK hospital grade UK 3-pin plug costs below $30.

Headamp wise, other experts will give U better guidance.

U have to tell me/us what kinda sound and music U prefer? Think of it as a recommendation of a girlfriend, I can't just pick one from my list and offer to U as personal tastes are involved in this equation. One's man meat is another man's poison.

Edited by Mackie

In the search for a setup that will last a long time, one has to "meditate" and come to enlightment of his own preferred sound. innocent.gif

Only then can he shrug off upgraditis. hammer.gif

wub.gif

I prefferd chinese. Age between 20 to 25, medium built. Active lifestyle... errr....

hammer.gifwhistling.gif

I preffer classical most of the time. Sometime vocal, less rock and pop. Budget less than $300.

blush.gif

2nd hand is ok to me...

Edited by jasonhanjk