Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

OK 'fess up - who's decided on what to buy next

Jason, what do U wish to cover with this budget? Cdp, headamp and accessories or otherwise?

It's confirmed Wo Kee Heng (distributor for Marantz) has no stocks of CD4000/5000 as they have been discontinued. Other dealers like Klas audio at Adelphi may have some leftover stocks.

At <=$300, not may new cdps fall into this price bracket aside from the above. Rotel RCD02 and NAD 520i cost about $50 and more.

However, if U are looking at used players, one can possibly get a CD6000ose/CD63SE or the Rotels. I'm not sure of the Denons and Sonys though.

It's confirmed Wo Kee Heng (distributor for Marantz) has no stocks of CD4000/5000 as they have been discontinued. Other dealers like Klas audio at Adelphi may have some leftover stocks.

At <=$300, not may new cdps fall into this price bracket aside from the above. Rotel RCD02 and NAD 520i cost about $50 and more.

However, if U are looking at used players, one can possibly get a CD6000ose/CD63SE or the Rotels. I'm not sure of the Denons and Sonys though.

IMO, Klas Audio has a PITA attitude. So do be mentally prepared and dun give a damn to their attitude. After all, it's the gear you're after.

I have a DIY friend who collects cdps....I think he has about 5 at home. I will inform U chaps if he intends to sell them. Knowing him, his prices will be more than reasonable and build/sound quality is assured.

Thanks.....hahaha.....at $300, I might sell U the cones...... lol.gif

It's confirmed Wo Kee Heng (distributor for Marantz) has no stocks of CD4000/5000 as they have been discontinued.  Other dealers like Klas audio at Adelphi may have some leftover stocks.

At <=$300, not may new cdps fall into this price bracket aside from the above.  Rotel RCD02 and NAD 520i cost about $50 and more. 

However, if U are looking at used players, one can possibly get a CD6000ose/CD63SE or the Rotels.  I'm not sure of the Denons and Sonys though.

IMO, Klas Audio has a PITA attitude. So do be mentally prepared and dun give a damn to their attitude. After all, it's the gear you're after.

Yup agree...they are infamous. I also seem to recall Tat Chuan (Onkyo, Tannoy) also sells Marantz cdps once in a while.

hm probably a good interconnect and I'm done. Not that the monster cable is bad.. but I think it might be the weakest link in my chain.

biggrin.gif

Okay. I must confess that I am thinking of the Kings LOL. I realised that there are no giant killers. Anyways I'm going to do some serious auditioning with the arsenal of cans I have - RS-1 or SR-335, Beyer DT-880 etc. And i'm going to listen to the Gilmore V2 closely (hopfully the humm issue vanishes with the use of Kimber PowerKords via a Chang Lightspeed. The Micro Zolt is also in contension. If I prefer either of the 2 to the HA-2 then I'll just get the Cross-1 from Jan Meier. Then it's going to be the Kings (aka R-10s).Ablaze, I might require the use of the 3k for as close as possible listening. Of course all that depends on selling the RS-1 and the PreHead-1 either as a combo or seperately. LOL.

This head-fi business is madness.

Okay. I must confess that I am thinking of the Kings LOL. I realised that there are no giant killers. Anyways I'm going to do some serious auditioning with the arsenal of cans I have - RS-1 or SR-335, Beyer DT-880 etc. And i'm going to listen to the Gilmore V2 closely (hopfully the humm issue vanishes with the use of Kimber PowerKords via a Chang Lightspeed. The Micro Zolt is also in contension. If I prefer either of the 2 to the HA-2 then I'll just get the Cross-1 from Jan Meier. Then it's going to be the Kings (aka R-10s).Ablaze, I might require the use of the 3k for as close as possible listening. Of course all that depends on selling the RS-1 and the PreHead-1 either as a combo or seperately. LOL.

This head-fi business is madness.

oooh..the cat's outta the bag. N@Z, get the prehead! lol

i'm not sure if the CD3000s will be close to the R10s in sound. but sure, if you ever need to borrow them call.gif

You have replaced your CD3K already?

Im saving up to buy a supra now..........so cans are out for me at the moment..... blush.gif

Anyone wanna donate a spare can to a poor man?

i'm looking for a head amp with the following requirement:

- smooth + warm sounding

- mostly for vocal + jazz

- small and compact in size, i.e. can be transported easily

- 230v to 110v (vice versa) switchable easily by the end-user

- most impt of all not too exp, maybe less than S$500?

any recommendation?

thanks in advance...........