Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

The Never Ending or Not Related Thread

JGreen light for bar-top dancing

Bar-top dancing and pubs that never close are soon coming to town. beer.gif

Pubs which are not near residential areas will be eligible for the 24-hour permit.

Currently, bars near residential areas must close by 1am or 2am while those in non-residential areas can

remain open till 3am.

The authority will group several areas into zones with varying restrictions on opening hours.

Though some bars may not qualify for the 24-hour permit, they may have their operating hours 'further

relaxed'.

As for bar-top dancing, it is the responsibility of pub owners to ensure the safety of their customers.

The authority will work out the changes in the laws and the process is expected to be completed next month.

wink.gif

Did/Does anyone heard a song named Angel? mellow.gif

lyrics sound something like that

___

Angel..Angel...

feel so good to be alive...

___

Not the more recent one sang by robbie william, is a rather old song.

my Samsung TV repaired! woohoo

Indonesian girlfriend just called : Either to spend time with her or the equipment during my leisure hours, no two ways about it. How ? wink.gif

May have to consider a Garage Sale soon? wink.gif

somebody has got to change their sig... I saw someone's name down there.. whistling.gif

Lou on head-fi's funny. bought the CD3000s raved about them for a bit. sold them off. bought the RS-1s, decided they're really good too, plus more comfortable than the CD3000s. and now..

he's buying another pair of CD3000s cos he just misses the CD3K sound!

ahh..but I understand the wub.gif with the CD3Ks biggrin.gif

The fat black cat sat on a mat (say it fast with a hard Scottish accent).

Distance is beauty, especially in human2human relationship.

ADVANCE GDP ESTIMATES FOR SECOND QUARTER 2003

Advance estimates* show that gross domestic product (GDP) in the second quarter 2003 contracted by 4.3 per cent, in real terms, over the same period in 2002. On an annualised quarter-on-quarter basis, real GDP fell by 11.8 per cent, compared with a growth of 1.2 per cent in the previous quarter.

GDP growth in the second quarter was predictably weak as a result of the weak global environment as well as the SARS outbreak.

The manufacturing sector is estimated to have contracted by 7.5 per cent in the second quarter. Output was affected by lingering uncertainty in the US economy and the relatively weak global electronics market, which dampened output of info-communications and consumer electronics. The biomedicals cluster also declined, due to the change in product-mix of pharmaceutical firms, which produced less high value added intermediate ingredients during this period compared to the previous year. Lower air traffic also dampened activities in the aerospace segment.

The construction sector is estimated to have contracted by 10.9 per cent, due to the continued correction in capacity.

The services-producing industries are estimated to have contracted by 3.0 per cent, largely reflecting the impact of SARS on transport, tourism and consumer-related activities.

However, latest economic data show that near-term outlook will improve. Financial markets have priced in stronger US economic growth in the second half of the year, which would lift business sentiments. Feedback from major pharmaceuticals companies indicates that changes to the product-mix would boost output in the second half of the year. With the SARS outbreak being brought under control world-wide, the aerospace segment and services industries would see better performance going forward. Some improvements have already been seen in visitor arrivals and hotel occupancy rates. Barring any adverse external shocks, economic performance in the second half is expected to improve. MTI will review the 2003 growth forecast when the full second quarter data are available. The revised forecast will be announced next month.

The preliminary GDP estimates for the second quarter, including sectoral performances, sources of growth, inflation, employment and productivity, will be released in August 2003 in the Economic Survey of Singapore. wink.gif

True Beauty Is Functional

I have a new office laptop. When I first got it, there was a protective plastic film on its cover. It has been more than a month but I have yet to remove it. One day, while shutting down the laptop, I realised the plastic wasn't doing "justice" to the laptop- in the sense that it covered up and "marred" its original intended design. I wondered if I was going to keep it on forever. What am I forever protecting the laptop cover for if I am never going to expose it? It struck me that the mere protection of beauty or anything precious with no use of that which is protected is a total waste of time and effort. Anything beautiful which is shielded from the world loses its essence of being beautiful. Anything beautiful must be functional. By functional, it can be subtle but sure. A painting can inspire for instance. Interesting... this must be why inspiration is always beautiful. The best and most beautiful things in life are functional and free for all- the breeze, the singing of the birds, the cooling rain... Yes, and true unconditional love too. wink.gif