Sign in to follow this  
kross

Hoax?? share your experience?

Hi, recently some anonomous person called me up saying that I have won some tour package although I don't remember entering any kind of lucky draws recently. He then wanted me to go down to collect the prize and the whole procedure is going to take an hour or so. yet they can't email me the details or stuff when I requested them to do so. All these sounds crappy and like a hoax to me.

Do anyone of you have such experience before? Please share them, ya. thanks.

They're going to lock you and the other victims up in a room and make you sit through some presentation for multi-level marketing or some other crap. Seriously. rolleyes.giflol.gif

Definitely have, though that was many years ago with my parents. They were saying something like "please stay on, or else I'll lose my bonus". Seemed more like "you'd better stay on, or else you'll get into serious trouble around here" tongue.gif

Most likely, you'll have to sit through an hour and later become "coaxed" into buying another travel package and maybe even an overseas apartment. Rather save up for better headphones. wink.gif

kenna conned once into attending one of these 'presentations'. 'Never again' is the result. I don't care even if I really have won something, I don't want it. It's not worth 4 hrs of my time tongue.gif

lol...4 hours??!! what did they say??

lucky i put their aeroplane today...haha...spared myself 4 hours of torture. i spent it in a better way by watching the mi:3, which was solid by the way lol.gif

lucky i put their aeroplane today...haha...spared myself 4 hours of torture. i spent it in a better way by watching the mi:3, which was solid by the way lol.gif

Wow! MI3, I oso wan. BTW which cinema did you go to?

I wonder if anyone has done a comparison of the SQ in cinemas? rolleyes.gif

Just plain old hard-sell.

"Best deal ever!",

"Buy now and save!",

"Special discount for today only!",

"Never again will you see a deal so good!",

"So many people are buying, if you don't, you will miss out!"

and of course, if you try to leave, they'll 'persuade' you to stay...

really a waste of time...

Two words to all these.....Time shares.

They are gonna try and sell time shares of some resorts in a faraway land, where you can enjoy a number of free stay per year ..yada, yada, yada......

lucky i put their aeroplane today...haha...spared myself 4 hours of torture. i spent it in a better way by watching the mi:3, which was solid by the way  lol.gif

i went to cathay cinema to watch the MI3....regarding the SQ in cinemas, the sound is ok there...though i think it is 2.1 because i don't hear any surround effect...lol..but one thing is it is toooo loud...blasting away.

hmm...din hear before time shares tis kind of things...but it can't be so damn good as to give you free travel...so i back out...lol

This sorta marketing is as old as multi-level-marketing, and still prevalent these days. It's not that the resort aint good but they are usually faraway, eg Australia, and there are many "hidden" clauses which limit your usage even if you can afford to fly often.

I just received a call from an ang moh say he's calling from bla bla Tokyo, wants to sell shares of Bayer.... 20%-40% profits..... and what did i say?

#@#@#%$%#!!!?(*&&*^%$##@#@#@#!!!

i went to cathay cinema to watch the MI3....regarding the SQ in cinemas, the sound is ok there...though i think it is 2.1 because i don't hear any surround effect...lol..but one thing is it is toooo loud...blasting away.

All cinemas are like that. Loud volumes make lousier sound systems sound better. laugh.gif

lucky i put their aeroplane today...haha...spared myself 4 hours of torture. i spent it in a better way by watching the mi:3, which was solid by the way  lol.gif

IMHO, the best SQ and comfort is Cathay Cineleisure. I like it there. Standard DTS and DD with THX enhancement. I dunno if it features DTS-ES or DD-EX or not.