Sign in to follow this  
subzero1234

UM1 or ER6i?

Hi,

I currently own a Panasonic HJE50 and a iPod Nano. After several months of usage, I must say I am disappointed with the current setup as much of the bass is non-existant. I am keen to try out better ear pieces (I don't think it's the fault of the mp3 player).

I am intending to upgrade to UM1 after reading all the reviews around, but it seems like ER6i has quite a few supporters too. I have yet to try both of them out but will probably make my way down to Jaben one of these days.

Is the UM1 a good match with my iPod Nano?

Hi,

I currently own a Panasonic HJE50 and a iPod Nano. After several months of usage, I must say I am disappointed with the current setup as much of the bass is non-existant. I am keen to try out better ear pieces (I don't think it's the fault of the mp3 player).

I am intending to upgrade to UM1 after reading all the reviews around, but it seems like ER6i has quite a few supporters too. I have yet to try both of them out but will probably make my way down to Jaben one of these days.

Hi Proton, you should go down to Jaben to test out both (Uncle Wilson is very friendly & helpful), the most important is what your ears prefer, different ppl prefer different sound, for me I prefer UM1 as it has more bass (me bass head lah :P). Matching is not so important IMHO as u either keep yur nano in the bag or pocket, so SQ wise is more important. Both also looks not bad.

^

|

I wouldn't really say stuck. After all, they are really good shops, in terms of service, pricing, etc, or maybe I'm just biased. :P

Edited by aaron-xp

I think both also provide good services, the only things is which shop is nearer to u, as for me, Jaben is nearer. The first time I been there, the services is really 1st class.

maybe someone should open a shop like stereo and jaben is the west (west people always get left out, take playboxx in tampiness for example)

and one is the east!!!!

WHOA.

conquer sillypore's audio market riaos, if liddat :D

Too bad the market is too small, not much to conquer, unlike in bigger countries.

Anyway, we are quite fortunate compared with many other big countries though, in terms of choices.

Hi,

Hi Proton, you should go down to Jaben to test out both (Uncle Wilson is very friendly & helpful), the most important is what your ears prefer, different ppl prefer different sound, for me I prefer UM1 as it has more bass (me bass head lah :P). Matching is not so important IMHO as u either keep yur nano in the bag or pocket, so SQ wise is more important. Both also looks not bad.

What I mean by "match" is for audio, not visual. :P

maybe someone should open a shop like stereo and jaben is the west (west people always get left out, take playboxx in tampiness for example)

and one is the east!!!!

WHOA.

haa... i may open in one 15 yrs down the road :))

Too bad the market is too small, not much to conquer, unlike in bigger countries.

Anyway, we are quite fortunate compared with many other big countries though, in terms of choices.

haa.. but certainly IEM is gaining the sg market interest

and one is the east!!!!

WHOA.

i be stock-holder or partner in conquest??? :DD:lol:

and one is the east!!!!

WHOA.

haha.. ok... 15 yr later we mit at dis forum again.. hee...

and one is the east!!!!

WHOA.

haha.. ok... 15 yr later we mit at dis forum again.. hee...

Okays! :))

and one is the east!!!!

WHOA.

Less of IEM though, more of canalphones. Seeing more and more of them in class, I believe it must be because of the noisy train ride. Too bad they still listen to the canalphoens at such high volumes.

You'll never not see them in a long while.

Heard that someone from headfi managed to sell his ipod earbuds for US$21.